SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#221800 - 11/20/07 07:40 AM Donny...heading your way...
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Donny, per our discussion a month or so ago, I found the film score rough I said I would send you. I'm sticking it in the mail today, so it will arrive Saturday or Monday.

Because it's a different animal from what others do here, and was not done with an arranger, I can't imagine that there would be much interest, but it's what I do, and the client has given me permission to let others take a listen.

Rory, Tony Mads and Nigel have heard this before. I just got permission to let others take a listen via the web.

Russ

#221801 - 11/21/07 04:44 PM Re: Donny...heading your way...
Dnj Offline

Thanx Russ looking forward to it soon for sure...

Happy Holidays

#221802 - 11/21/07 04:47 PM Re: Donny...heading your way...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I'd love to hear it too, Russ.

I do pop classical arrangements myself, and have always wondered if I'm up to film scoring...

#221803 - 11/23/07 08:28 AM Re: Donny...heading your way...
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Diki, Donny may post it. Or, If you'll email me your address in England, I'll send it to you on a disk. The market is wierd. I don't get the work becauase I'm that good. I get it because I'm the film producer and I hire ME!

Actually, I think intimately knowing the film frames and content makes for a score that better fits.

The compensation is good for the score, but a relatively small percentage of total production charges...about the same as the charge for the script. Good thing is, since charges are wrapped up in the total bill, there's a better chance of getting book price for the work.

Take care!

R.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online