SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#221503 - 07/21/02 04:20 PM Keep Asking Those Questions!!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
This morning I woke up and read Mario's post regarding the harmony mode not sounding correct when he tried out the XD9 the other day and I decided to put on some casual clothes and go into my store for what I thought would be an hour or so. After posting my find to Mario, i started getting some phone calls mostly from Synthzone readers. The weird thing is that I'm not ever open on Sundays (everyone needs a day off) but today the phones were crazy! I spoke with a nice guy who lives in Irvine, California, which is about a 2 hour drive from Reseda about a XD9. I told him I had one left and at 2PM he was at my door. He bought the keyboard, powered speakers, a Mackie Mixer, stand..........Gee.....thanks you Mario for asking me the questions about the harmony mode. It was sure worth my while coming into my store on my day off, Sunday!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#221504 - 07/21/02 08:43 PM Re: Keep Asking Those Questions!!
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
Don't mention it George. I am glad your trip to the store was worthwhile (I always knew you as a very "dedicated" and conscientious guy). I will keep the questions comming. Who knows, I may even get a special discount when I decide to order my next keyboard I dont't know if you forgot, but back in 2000 I bought an X1 from you; in fact it was the last one you had in stock at the time, I was "tickle pink" that I was able to get it. You were also of great help and eager to pass on your knowledge on arranger Keyboards, something I knew nothing about at the time.
To be honest with you; if this problem with the chord harmony is solved, I may go back to the X1, I do miss it on my live performances. The PSR2000 is also a great keyboard, but because of the file storage deficiencies it does hinder me from having the material I want to have available on my gigs.
Ketron boards have a great interaction with the player and saving files, styles and registrations is a "breeze" compared to what Yamaha has to offer in that department. There is no "perfect" keyboard, but Ketron is getting pretty close to having it; remember, Yamaha, Roland, Technics and others are into a "million" other products, Ketron is strictly keyboards and sound modules; it's their one and only line of business.
Go to work George!
Mario

#221505 - 07/21/02 10:22 PM Re: Keep Asking Those Questions!!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Of course I know who you are. I've been following your posts ever since you bought your X1. We had several phone conversations after you received the X1 regarding how to use it. Then, when I saw in a post you had bought a PSR2000, I have to admit I was a little sad that you hadn't called or emailed me to give you a quote. This might sound a little corny, but I start to feel like all my customers become my good friends after all the talk on this forum, phone calls and emails. I'm proud to have my keyboards used by the friends I've made here and I really do enjoy giving of my time to make my musician friends get the most out of their keyboards.
Next time, give me a try!
"your friend"
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

#221506 - 07/22/02 08:32 AM Re: Keep Asking Those Questions!!
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
Sorry about that George. I admit it, I was a bit "impulsive" when buying the YK2. I went to my local Yamaha dealer here in Toms River NJ and it was "love at first sight" and I ended up taking it home that night (never even looked at the price). Believe me, I know I could have gotten a better deal from you, but I guess you understand what "falling in love at 1st sight" means.
In any case Geroge, whatever I decide for my next plank, I will be giving you a call; after all where can I get the "personalized" service you give us all in this forum.
Glad you are there for us budd .
Mario

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online