SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#221111 - 07/01/02 01:04 PM Re: Rosemary Clooney Dies !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
That's why we need to have pacience with the young ones ! We're grooming them to take over when we kick off ! Scotty's OK - we just butt heads every now and then. That happens with some of my closest friends too..... it's part of the "Uncle Dave" mystique ! Sarcasim, and Parody - NO charge !

#221112 - 07/01/02 01:48 PM Re: Rosemary Clooney Dies !
Jupitar5 Offline

Loc: United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Scotty's OK - we just butt heads every now and then.

...yes, but Scot recovered from his head-butt

[This message has been edited by Jupitar5 (edited 07-01-2002).]

#221113 - 07/01/02 05:05 PM Re: Rosemary Clooney Dies !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Jupitar5:
yes, but Scot recovered from his head-butt

I'm not even going near 'this' comment , at least not until I'm actually recovered from my concussion.

Peace to all. Make love not war.
Ok now, let's all go kick butt!

- Scott

#221114 - 07/01/02 08:50 PM Re: Rosemary Clooney Dies !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by notlos:
Hi Scott,
Rosemary Clooney was a great performer !!
i have a consert on video of here with a group on the north sea jazz festival

Hi Dirk,

What's the title of the video? Do you know if this is by any chance available in the USA on DVD or VHS video format? I'd be really interested in purchasing it.

I checked the July 2002 'North Sea Jazz Festival' lineup and have to say it includes an 'awesome' lineup of musicians: Herbie Hancock, McCoy Tynor, Bobby Hutcherson, Dee Dee Bridgewater, Kenny Barron, Take 6, Tuck & Patti, Chaka Kahn, David Sanborn, Michael Brecker, Al Jarreau, the YellowJackets, Charlie Haden, Pat Metheny, Cedar Walton, Wayne Shorter, Roy Hargrove, and MANY more . . . WOW ! I can't believe all these guys will be performing at ONE festival. This kind of 'all star' lineup clearly shows that jazz is far MORE appreciated in Europe than the US. In fact, a number of American jazz musicians spend most of their time living & working in Europe because it's just not possible to make a decent living performing jazz in the US. Dirk, I hope you'll be able to make the North Sea Jazz Festival next week, cause it looks to be quite an exciting event. If you go, please give us a full report. It's really a shame that jazz is NOT appreciated as much in the US. I think it's partly due to the fact that American schools have drastically cutback (and even eliminated) school music programs. So many kids today have no exposure or appreciation of our rich musical heritage.

- Scott

#221115 - 07/02/02 11:18 AM Re: Rosemary Clooney Dies !
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hi Scott,

This video of rosemary Clooney is a selfmade video. The nederlands give different live performance on television of the north sea jazzfestival. And the week after this event they give many full consert's of this event on tv. ..And i record this every year.
Regards,
Notlos www.mp3.com/dirk baert http://www.geocities.com/notlos/notlos.html

------------------

#221116 - 07/02/02 12:35 PM Re: Rosemary Clooney Dies !
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Terrific Lady
Terrific Voice
Terrific Stage Presence....
...Tremendous Loss

#221117 - 07/02/02 06:06 PM Re: Rosemary Clooney Dies !
Kmac Offline

Ok, ok, We've all finally figured out that you were quoting a line from one of Ms Clooney's earlier songs. But We still can't figure out WHY you would chose that song and that lyric line. I think it was totally inappropriate (tasteless) considering the thread topic (her death). Your remark gives the feeling that you think you're above it all (including Rosemary Clooney). what an ego-maniac!

#221118 - 07/02/02 06:58 PM Re: Rosemary Clooney Dies !
Lowtec Offline

"Tonight, I'll fall asleep ....... counting my blessings"

hmmmmm. at first I thought you meant "count your blessings because you will see another day" and rosemary won't. Then again I thought you meant something else, but wasn't sure. And finally I gave up thinking what you meant until you told us what you did mean

Dave, don't ambiguate, it can UPSET lots of people you know. "Playing with words" after someones Death isn't repectfull anyway. Its cheap.

#221119 - 07/02/02 08:18 PM Re: Rosemary Clooney Dies !
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
One of the wisest men on earth wrote these words -

There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven:

A time to give birth and a time to die.
A time to plant, and a time to uproot what is planted.
A time to kill, and a time to heal.
A time to tear down, and a time to build up.
A time to weep, and a time to laugh.
A time to mourn, and a time to dance.
A time to throw stones, and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace, and a time to shun embracing.
A time to search, and a time to give up as lost.
A time to keep, and a time to throw away.
A time to tear apart, and a time to sew together.
A time to be silent, and a time to speak.
A time to love and a time to hate.
A time for war and a time for peace.

A time to be silent, and a time to speak seems to be in order about now! I think everybody had plenty of speaking time by now so let’s shut up and start a new subject. Wa da ya think guys?

Grandpa Doug

#221120 - 07/02/02 08:25 PM Re: Rosemary Clooney Dies !
Kmac Offline

This is a forum and you are entitled to your opinion as I am but - you should be prepared to explain your point of view when questioned - you're calling me a judgemental, misguided tenderfoot - !! hello pot this is kettle calling!

The point of Scott's post was to express his respect for a fine renowned singer - if you don't care for his post then don't ruin it for everyone else.Did it ever occur to you that we might like to have our moment with this without your input? You seem to constantly have to have your fingers in everyone else's pie. I am simply making and observation not being judgemental. Though I'm not a frequent poster, I've been a member here since 2/2000 (certainly not a tenderfoot) and have been observing the threads regularly .

Your posts are rarely modest and are almost never straight forward - ever heard the saying if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all??

hmm go figure

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online