SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#221020 - 01/04/03 11:14 PM Bossa Nova in Concert
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Dear friends and music lovers,
I am writing this topic on behalf of our friend Chico, who will be the promoter of a great event, later this year: during the month of May he will organize in his hometown of Belo Horizonte a tribute to Antonio Jobim called "Bossa Nova in Concert". The concert will be held in the University Theatre and the guest list includes already renowned musicians performing in brazilian bands.
Chico has asked me to invite everyone who is willing to take part to this event. The dates and the program will be precised by Chico himself, but -as I said- the month should be without doubt May.
I will attend for sure and know already that it will be a memorable experience and really hope to meet there more Synthzone brothers.
Not a bad program for the New Year, uh?

#221021 - 01/05/03 08:07 PM Re: Bossa Nova in Concert
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Andrea,
This should be really great. Where is this city name of Belo Horizonte?
I don't seem to recognize it. How far and what direction from Sao Paulo where I have good friends that are retired musicians and will most likely want to attend. They have sent me a lot of Jobin music and other Brazillian songs.
I have only been to Sao Paulo and it was many years ago.
Kindly advise,
Bebop

#221022 - 01/05/03 09:16 PM Re: Bossa Nova in Concert
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Hello Bebop.

Belo Horizonte is the 3rd big city in Brasil.
The first is São Paulo, and the second, Rio de Janeiro.
Pls, go to : http://www.pbh.gov.br/belotur/ingles/index.htm
Regards,
Chico

#221023 - 01/06/03 12:25 AM Re: Bossa Nova in Concert
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Hi Bill,
I had to check my Encarta atlas to answer your question: Belo Horizonte is very close (relatively speaking: Brazil is a huge country) to both Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. Actually the distance between Sao Paulo and B.H. is about 500 miles, while Rio is even closer (300 miles maybe). On the map Belo Horizonte is just north of Rio and north-east of Sao Paulo.
I bet that Jann would be delighted to visit Brazil: a nice change after Alaska, what do you think?

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online