SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#22069 - 03/04/07 04:52 PM Juno G Usb Midi
killerswitch Offline

Loc: London ,UK
hello guys !

I just bought the Juno G that's my first real instrument and I enjoy it a lot.So that's my first war with midi i never used the midi before ,purely because i was composing on software.
Anyway ,thats my problems :

1.I've installed all drivers corectly ,set up a midi connection via usb cable (like manual said) I've opend a Cubase sx ,made a midi track ,assign juno,recorded all seems to be allright besides of no sound on speakers while recording and playing midi track ,but there is a sound exacly that what i've recorded in headphones when i plug it to juno.Why is that ? Do i need any more cables to plug from juno to pc to have a sound ?

2.Like before i made a midi track, record something.Now i want to record something else on 2 track.So i set up second track and Juno dont want to let me choose a patch from cubase sx whatever patch i choose at 2 track it play with patch from 1 midi track.What im doing wrong ?

3.And the last one.Why i can use patches only from 128 sounds bank when juno got them more ? when i choose different bank there is no change ,why is that ?

Sorry if my questions are bit silly but im fresh in midi and trying 3 days now and i dont have a clue what im doing wrong,please help.

Cheers.

------------------
...Choose Life...

#22070 - 04/10/07 04:19 AM Re: Juno G Usb Midi
Justin Gazda Offline

Loc: Marietta GA, USA
midi is simply the recording of the movements of your hands pressing the keys of the juno. it does not record sounds on the computer, just notes. If you want to record the juno sounds on the computer for non-linear editing, yes, you will need a few extra cables to get the sound itself into the box.

That is why you can only select 128 midi patches.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online