SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#219903 - 01/09/07 04:59 PM Re: I'm NOT Happy right now...
Esh Offline

Loc: Hilton Head, SC, USA
It won't be a picnic scanning a 4" high stack of sheet music into the MPP either. Better set aside a couple of weeks. It really is worth it but that won't make the job any easier.

#219904 - 01/10/07 02:14 AM Re: I'm NOT Happy right now...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Esh:
It won't be a picnic scanning a 4" high stack of sheet music into the MPP either. Better set aside a couple of weeks. It really is worth it but that won't make the job any easier.

That particular folder is just one of about 15 from my Solo/Duo "Book". I have a separate "book" for the band that is over 20 folders in all.

Yes, there are many, many duplicates in both boxes but I do expect this to be a "work in progress." On the other hand, there is a big chunk of sheet music that I acquired one way or the other years ago in the band box that I thought I might need, that we never play, so, its an opportunity to start fresh and really focus on the tunes that do get performed on a regular basis.

Bill

#219905 - 01/10/07 04:38 AM Re: I'm NOT Happy right now...
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Bill, Esh hit the nail on the head, it's a big job and very tedious. If you have copies of music in PDF there's an easier way to copy and paste into MS Paint and save as a .png file. The PNG file can then be imported and converted into a .fh file the proprietary MPP format. Give me a shout via e-mail once you get the MPP.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 01-10-2007).]

#219906 - 01/12/07 05:43 AM Re: I'm NOT Happy right now...
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Bill, If you get one that you can upgrade later, you have the best of all worlds. the greatest benefit I found though with the upgrade was the larger RAM, allowing me to store more music on the pad.

Bt the way, don't let your drummer near the pad. I am very careful with mine. Although I carry hard copy around somewhere just in case, the truth is that I have made more and more annotations to the music on the pad that is therefore not on the hard copy, so I am increasingly dependent on it.

Graham

#219907 - 01/12/07 12:11 PM Re: I'm NOT Happy right now...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Graham-

I don't think I can upgrade later but I think, for my purposes, it'll be fine.

My drummer is a great guy but clearly on the high strung side. He obsesses about everything, including obsessing. Since the "accident" he's called and emailed me on how he plans to avoid such an event again, lol..

How can you not love a guy like that, huh?

Bill

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online