SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#219893 - 01/08/07 10:01 AM I'm NOT Happy right now...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Gang-

...On November 6th, I ordered a Tyros 2 and a Music pad pro (all the goodies) from Music 123. I recieved the T2 within about 2 weeks as it was on back order when I ordered everything.

...I've called back about every two weeks to Music123 inquiring on the status of my MPP, only to hear each time that Freehand Music Systems had apparently moved the shipment date back again. I have not been billed yet for this item.

...I have recieved all the misc. items for the MPP...all in good shape.

...Today I call Music 123 and ask again. Same story...this time, they expect Freehand to fill the order on january 8th...I ask the Customer Service person to please comment on if this order wil EVER be filled. She says she can only comment on what they actually have on hand. She explains they believe the product is arriving when it actually shows up, suggesting that vendors often fail or delay filling orders.

...Something's screwed up here, so I decide to call Freehand Music Systems directly. I speak with a very nice CS person of their own, who seems mystified that there is this problem. She explains to me that that have NO BACK ORDER ISSUES at this time with any customer!

...I then threw up just a little in my mouth...

...I gave her all my order info/contact numbers for 123 that I was using, she assured me that she would pursue this on my behalf (and lord knows how many other people waiting for their MPP). I hope to hear back from FMS later today.

This is the first trouble I've ever had with online retailers. I've used both American Music Supply and Music123 with fine results.

Stay tuned!

Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 01-08-2007).]

#219894 - 01/09/07 03:16 AM Re: I'm NOT Happy right now...
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Bill, let us know how this comes out. A terrible story!

Graham

#219895 - 01/09/07 04:20 AM Re: I'm NOT Happy right now...
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Bill,

I thought someone posted a while back that Music123 was in chapter 13 or 7 something like that. Maybe they can't get the item because they haven't paid their bill.

Tom

Tom

#219896 - 01/09/07 04:51 AM Re: I'm NOT Happy right now...
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Bill I remember they were selling MPPs at about half price of the normal retail. Not sure whether you ordered at that close out price, but if you did that could explain it?? Maybe they don't want to send you one at that great price.

#219897 - 01/09/07 04:58 AM Re: I'm NOT Happy right now...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Update...

Music123 customer service supervisor emailed me back to explain that the MPP version 4.0 (the newest one) was not ever in their inventory but that 3.0 had been. I explained that I had several notes from my original order phone conversation with 123 that clearly indicated it was the newest version. She then said perhaps there had been an error on the website and apologized. She also offered my an additional $100.00 off the sale price of $499.00...so, if I want a 3.0, I can get it for $399.00.

I told her I'd get back to her...

Freehand Music Systems also followed up with me saying 123 must have gotten confused on what version they were clearing out for them. They offered me a new model with a $200 discount.

Right now, I'm undecided which way to go. I will use this equipment to display my sheet music, of course...but really aren't interested in many of the newest features of the newest model. I don't like to pay for features that I may not ever take advantage of but I also don't want to have an endless stream of headaches from dealing with an older version.

Cash flow wise, the newest model really doesn't fit in my self imposed budget, but the older one does...

So...

*I should probably call Freehand Music System and speak with technical support about EXACTLY what I'm getting into if I buy the 3.0 version. They should be able to tell me if this unit meet my needs...

*If they say, yes...this unit is owned by thousands of users who use it daily with zero trouble, then perhaps that's the way to go.

*If they say, NO-this isn't the one for you, then I probably cool my heels for another month or so and get a new one...(Which may then be replaced by the NEXT version of MPP!)

All in all, I shouldn't be upset about this as stuff happens, both companies seem to be making a genuine attempt at easing my pain, if you will...

My January schedule was IDEAL for intensive time to be spent on the MPP and incorporate it into my act...

Hmm...what to do????

Bill

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 01-09-2007).]

#219898 - 01/09/07 05:16 AM Re: I'm NOT Happy right now...
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
Update...

Hmm...what to do????
Bill

Bill: I had the old MPP 3.0 there wasn't a thing wrong with it. I only upgraded because the offer to upgrade was at such a small cost. There are some enhancements to version 4, but I don't think they warrant spending another $700 to $800 to get them. (imho) if you're just going to use it for sheet music, grab that at $399. that's like robbing someone, just not having to use a gun to do so

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 01-09-2007).]

#219899 - 01/09/07 09:26 AM Re: I'm NOT Happy right now...
Esh Offline

Loc: Hilton Head, SC, USA
That's not to mention that the 3.0 version is probably a lot less buggy than the 4.0 version. Freehand hasn't released even a minor OS update to the 4.0.6 version in well over a year. The better things about version 4.0 require a $50 unlock code too. Don't give Freehand your hard-earned money until they are willing to work harder to earn it themselves.

#219900 - 01/09/07 10:14 AM Re: I'm NOT Happy right now...
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I bought ver 3 with all the extras for $1300. It never caused me one problem. I upgraded,also, but didn't gain anything I can see, as I didn't need the midi feature.
Bernie

#219901 - 01/09/07 10:41 AM Re: I'm NOT Happy right now...
Bill in Dayton Offline

I just got off the phone with Freehand Music Systems and they've basically arrived at the same conclusion both Stephanm52 and Esh provided.

Based on what my use will likely be...(basic displaying of music...some downloading of online files) ..."Greg" said he thought the older version would be totally adequate for me. He did explain that once I get it, I should NOT install the drivers from the disk that will ship with the MPP 3.1, but rather DL the files directly from the Freehand Systems website to my computer via the Music Pad Manager software that I'll be recieving as well. THEN, I should turn on the MPP and the computer should automatically recognize the MPP and communicate all the needed files.

He also commented that $399.00 is a helluva price...

So...I think I'll be ordering one of these older ones this afternoon...

As an aside, my drummer picked up my band gig file last Saturday night (The "working" file from the larger band box of sheet music which is ungodly cumbersome...) and proceeded to drop it and all of the sheet music on the stage...Roughly 4 inches in height, I don't know for sure how many songs were in there but it sucked picking it all up...something I hope never to do again, lol...

Thanks-

Bill

#219902 - 01/09/07 11:46 AM Re: I'm NOT Happy right now...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
Roughly 4 inches in height, I don't know for sure how many songs were in there but it sucked picking it all up...something I hope never to do again, lol...
Thanks-
Bill

... not to mention putting it back in order ?!? ... at least I ASSUME (we KNOW what that does) that it was in some kind of order ...

t.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online