SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#219849 - 08/06/02 12:50 PM Wireless Mics
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Our Church is looking to buy new wireless mics. We want both a handheld and a lapel mic. There are soooo many out there, what offers the best value? We presently have 5 or 6 year old Telix mics and they are not very good IMHO.

Tom

#219850 - 08/06/02 02:27 PM Re: Wireless Mics
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Hey Tom,

I have had good success with Shure and Audio Technica. Your right, there are a lot of different manufacturers and models. You will have to determine if you want to go VHF or UHF. Lots to consider when making this type of purchase. You may want to consider a consultant to analyze your sanctuary or auditorium for the right system for you. If your buying from a local dealer, they probably have someone that will provide this service free or at a very reasonable charge.

Regards,

Dennis

[This message has been edited by TwoNuts (edited 08-06-2002).]

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#219851 - 08/06/02 08:44 PM Re: Wireless Mics
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
this may be a dumb question but what is the difference between UHF and VHF?

Thanks

#219852 - 08/06/02 09:37 PM Re: Wireless Mics
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
No Problem Mosiqaar,

VHF=Very High Frequency
UHF=Ultra High Frequency

UHF Transmitters and Receivers tend to do better at overcoming radio interference.
I believe most professional applications are UHF. I have had very good success with Diversity style VHF however. Typically you will pay a little more for a good UHF system.

Dennis

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#219853 - 08/07/02 01:43 AM Re: Wireless Mics
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
Thank you Denis

I am looking for buy a good headset mic. I have an Audio Technica (not wireless headset) which is doing an excellent job for its price ($80), but I noticed that when I push my voice it almost sounds fuzzy (am not sure if its the mic or my voice lol).

I tried a wireless SHURE (dont know which model exactly but the guy says he bought it for $500 a couple of years ago) but to my shock my $80 dollar one sounded fuller (more mid and bass than the Shure).

So me too would like an advise on headset mic to buy.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online