SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#219675 - 02/01/04 07:33 PM New England Patriots Win!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Guess who won't be back next year with the Carolina Panthers? K-A-S-A-Y

The better team won. If Carolina didn't make so many dumb mistakes they would have pulled it off IMO.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 02-01-2004).]

#219676 - 02/01/04 08:36 PM Re: New England Patriots Win!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Man oh man, the Panthers sure played like a team with a mission. They fell short to a superior team, but they were in the hunt the whole way. Best Superbowl in years .... BUT

** absolutely the WORST halftime ever. Naked breasts, men in garter belts, loud, louder and loudest ....... too much. Waaaay over the edge this year.

I have to admit - Beyonce did a great job with the Anthem though, and she looked and sang like a lady with a lot of class. Hats off to her for being the best part of the "hoopla".

The game was very entertaining, but the entertainment was pitiful this year. Did I mention how great Beyonce looked?

#219677 - 02/02/04 05:58 AM Re: New England Patriots Win!
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
The hollow apologies from CBS, NFL, MTV and Justin Timberlake are getting as much press as the game itself, as planned I'm sure. But hey - "we're all part of a rip-off nation..."

I had hoped for a little more modesty today from the pundits and people who thought the Panthers never had a chance - in fact, the Panthers gave the Patriots all the football game they could handle. Patriots had better command of the ball but the Panthers had balls of their own and pulled off several incredible plays to keep the actual yard gains close, even inching into the lead briefly. IMHO it was test of evenly matched teams, hence the quality of the game. Today I spell the Panthers "R-E-S-P-E-C-T", and since the Cats had everything to gain by playing against a proven foe, they showed class by forcing the Pats to sweat out a long field goal in the final seconds of the biggest game of the year... football doesn't get any better than that. The Panthers deserved to be in the Super Bowl and the game could've gone either way.

Now you'll have to excuse me because I have some bets to collect on from some guys who gave the Patriots a seven-point spread...

#219678 - 02/02/04 08:22 AM Re: New England Patriots Win!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I realize I'm an old geezer (62), but man that half time show was horrible ... why is it that these hip-hop/rap/whatever guys have to hold their crotch when they perform, and the gals have to stroke their breasts?!?!? ..
The pre-game show with Willie was MUCH better, and I'm not a CW music fan ...
and did anyone notice how good Beyonce looked ... and sounded???
Also, we were watching the game with 7 and 6 year old boys and the ads for the Grammys showing Brittany's outfit were pretty disturbing ...
Speaking of ads, could Bud Light be any more gross than the ad of the horse blowing some gas in a woman's face... What advertisers pick to sell their products says an awful lot about their opinion of the American public... and it's not good!!!
For a change, the game was the most entertaining part of the evening...
t.

#219679 - 02/02/04 09:51 AM Re: New England Patriots Win!
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
About Janet's "rip-off"....Does the girl realize her brother and family name are on the line due to suspicion of sexual misconduct?

Okay..okay... forget the visual and the fact that Timberlake just happened to be singing about getting her naked before the end of the song. Have you ever put the captioning on and read the words to the rap songs?

Some say these "lyrics" are just the evolution of shock that rebelious teens have traditionally relied on to differentiate themselves from the establishment. There has always been sex and violence in poplular music from innuendo to blatant. But, the current rap and gangsta thing is making morons out of our youth. I mean, how bad is it when "would-be pop idols" have to have a rap sheet to be recognized as legitimate rap artists?

#219680 - 02/02/04 01:00 PM Re: New England Patriots Win!
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
btweengigs:
There's really an easy way to put these gangsta **sholes where they belong.
Don't buy their crap...Gee that was easy...

#219681 - 02/02/04 05:35 PM Re: New England Patriots Win!
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Me and betweenings are not buy this crap. Your children, neices, nephews and other children are buying it at least at the age of 13 or there abouts. Don't you get it? Society is sick!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online