SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#219463 - 06/29/03 07:58 AM Re: Korg next Keyboard
Clif Anderson Offline

I think this was posted before, but there are pictures of the Korg PA1XPro on the web.
http://www.irishacts.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4183

The above are stills from a teaser at www.Korg.de

I think the projected date is October 2003.

#219464 - 06/30/03 08:32 AM Re: Korg next Keyboard
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
Yeah I miss real knobs and sliders on the tyros, the 8000 had thumbwheels beneath the display which was a neat idea, now just boring up and down press buttons!!

S.

------------------

forum.svpworld.com - No adverts, No spam, No nonsense!
share your music, get help and advice, make new friends! All platforms invited!!

#219465 - 06/30/03 10:59 AM Re: Korg next Keyboard
Clif Anderson Offline

Hi Simon

I have a PSR-8000 and agree that the thumbwheels are a good idea. They are more compact than sliders and can work as rotary encoders, which makes sense when you have an LCD to show values. I heard that Yamaha dropped them because users did not like them. But I think the problem was not in the thumbwheels, but in the software--there was an awkward latency in the response to thumbwheel motion. I would like to see them return with more responsive software. Actually, thumbwheels have reappeared on the Hartmann Neuron, but that's $5k and not an arranger.

#219466 - 06/30/03 04:16 PM Re: Korg next Keyboard
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
It sounds like Korg is listening to what musicians want in a keyboard. This latest offering should be very interesting and IMHO say good bye to the arranger keyboards as we know them in the past.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-28-2003).]

I just heard some news that is fresh off the wire but I am not sure it will end up being true. The supposed truth is that the PA-1X/Pro will have 256 note polyphony. It was rumored a while back that the PA1-X would have 256 but I've heard from other sources that it will be only 128 note Polyphony. We can only hope it will be 256. But if it is true I think that feature in itself will be a major motivating factor in purchasing one. But it's hard to imagine Korg making such a big leap from 64 note Polyphony on their current Flagship Arranger the PA80 to 256 note Polyphony on the PA1-X/Pro. Would they be so bold as to just skip 128 note Polyphony altogether and make Arranger Keyboardists' ecstatic with the thought of being able to purchase a 256 note Polyphony Arranger? My head tells me NO, NO, NO, No Way! They wouldn't be so bold as to do this!! Would they?? But my heart says Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yippee!!! Please, please, let it be true Korg. Yes!

Suprise us!

It truly will be a surprise if the Korg PA1-X/Pro has 256 note Polyphony. But I look at it this way; stranger things have happened, right? I will cross my fingers in the hopes that it WILL be true. We shall know soon enough what's fact and what is fiction. PS: T minus -18 days 16 hours, 43 minutes, as I write this, until Summer NAMM 2003! Then the real truth will be known.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by Idatrod (edited 06-30-2003).]

#219467 - 06/30/03 08:27 PM Re: Korg next Keyboard
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I wouldn't get TOO excited. Often the prototypes they show at NAMM are not complete with specs still apt to change.
Does anyone else get the idea that the companies COULD make a truly wonderful keyboard right now, but they want to piece out each improvement annually so we want to keep upgrading?
DonM

#219468 - 06/30/03 08:33 PM Re: Korg next Keyboard
Dnj Offline

Don,

Thats old hat...they gotta sell left over parts and stock somhow!

#219469 - 06/30/03 08:57 PM Re: Korg next Keyboard
Idatrod Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Does anyone else get the idea that the companies COULD make a truly wonderful keyboard right now, but they want to piece out each improvement annually so we want to keep upgrading?
DonM

My sentiments exactly Don. I think you hit the nail right on the head. And although my hopes are up, you can rest assured I'm not TOO excited. Even if my post sounded like I was. I actually feel it's going to be 128 note Polyphony. That's my gut feeling. Although I would like Korg to prove me wrong on this one.

Best regards,
Mike

#219470 - 06/30/03 09:24 PM Re: Korg next Keyboard
zuki Offline

I will be at NAMM and will try to get to the Korg booth. Should be loads of fun and I'll post the new Korg arranger specs sometime that week. Also, maybe Roland will surprise us?
Regards,
Zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#219471 - 06/30/03 09:43 PM Re: Korg next Keyboard
Idatrod Offline

You da Man Zuki! Have a ball and enjoy your time there! I for one will be eagerly awaiting your report.

If there are any others going please let us know! With a little coordinated effort a detailed report of all the Arranger Manufacturers new offerings should be doable during NAMM's short 3 day run.

Best regards,
Mike

#219472 - 06/30/03 09:49 PM Re: Korg next Keyboard
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:

DonM

That's exactly how I think of it Don. I just about said as much in my latest reply to the thread I started ( I played the 2100 today ). Yamaha is upgrading the Motif with more polyphony and more sample rom. I'd gladly pay something extra to get the added poly ( without having to allocate the poly to the XG sounds that I don't particularly like ) and maybe even the samples into the Motif I have NOW, but as usual that won't likely be an option. So, instead I'll have to go through the hassle of selling the one I have ( or trading it in for a substantial loss ) and customizing and tweaking a brand new board if I want to upgrade.. I'm getting very tired of this merry go-round.

AJ

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online