SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#219292 - 07/03/06 06:43 PM Re: Hit song by Gwen Stefani
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I would imagine you can still get the Dr. Dre 2001 "Instrumental" in stores. It is simply titled Dr. Dre 2001.

Most of the covor is black. The top left corner has Dr. Dre written in green, and the bottom right corner has 2001 written in green as well. That's pretty much the cover (except for the "instrumentals only") label.

I love the album. If I remember correctly a lot the album was done I guess you'd call it "low stream". Basically cut in his home studio (mostly).

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#219293 - 07/04/06 09:25 AM Re: Hit song by Gwen Stefani
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
And which of us ran to the music store to get the original copy of MC5's Kick Out the Jams (you m@#$er F#$%ers) back in '68? There sure were a lot of other songs we listened for too. Oh, and don't forget the REAL lyrics to Louie, Louie.

Music will always offer the best and worst of mankind. Keep those opinions coming, I can dig that sh**.

#219294 - 07/05/06 12:16 PM Re: Hit song by Gwen Stefani
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by bruno123:
posted 07-03-2006 10:51 AM Fran Carango

Fran, I am with you all the way on this one. You are so right.

John C.

Sorry John C. There is no "universal" RIGHT. In fact, thinking that it is, is far more disturbing to me than some tasteless lyrics to a song that's going to be yesterdays news before you can blink. Passing those attitudes on to our kids (that our truth is the "only" truth) is even more disturbing. That's how we end up with klansman, nazis, Islamic and other religious extremist, and the like. Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying that there is no place in our society for morality, or for teaching our children a system of values. But let's not forget Jesse Jackson's (I think) observation that "the most segregated time in America is Sunday morning between 10 and 11am". Moving on; how about this lyric written in the 30's....(prostitute) If you'd like to sample my wares, follow me and climb the stairs, I've got LOVE FOR SALE. Beautiful tune, played by jazz artists everywhere, never heard any huge outcry about it. Gosh, guess it must be about the quality of the music. Ok, I've probably ruffled enough feathers for today. I can understand Bill's (Semi-live) frustration at trying to be a serious songwriter and watching this tune (and hundreds more like it) sail to the top of the charts. Bill, you just have to accept the fact that (for the moment) it ain't about quality anymore. But that will change, it always does.

Peace,

chas

#219295 - 07/05/06 12:22 PM Re: Hit song by Gwen Stefani
Dnj Offline

So much different music is offered in this world.....what channel you plug into is your prerogative .......will it ever be like the past where the whole world listened pretty much to the same music? ...I doubt it...."CHOICE" is our only salvation for the future...complaining is fruitless just put your headphones on and Make The World Go Away!!

#219296 - 07/05/06 01:42 PM Re: Hit song by Gwen Stefani
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
So much different music is offered in this world.....what channel you plug into is your prerogative .......will it ever be like the past where the whole world listened pretty much to the same music? ...I doubt it...."CHOICE" is our only salvation for the future...complaining is fruitless just put your headphones on and Make The World Go Away!!

AMEN!

#219297 - 07/05/06 02:00 PM Re: Hit song by Gwen Stefani
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
"the most segregated time in America is Sunday morning between 10 and 11am".

Chas, not at our church ...

Do you find that true at your church?

I don't believe instilling our moral beliefs to our children create Nazi or klan people...far from it..

#219298 - 07/05/06 03:01 PM Re: Hit song by Gwen Stefani
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
"the most segregated time in America is Sunday morning between 10 and 11am".

Chas, not at our church ...

Do you find that true at your church?

I don't believe instilling our moral beliefs to our children create Nazi or klan people...far from it..

Fran, Fran, Fran.....of course it does. It just depends on what those so-called "moral beliefs" are. How do think these nut-cases came into being? At Daddy's knee, of course. As far as my church, there you go, assuming again. What makes you think I have a church? Must we all have one? Is something really bad going to happen to me if I choose not to? Is this one of the "moral beliefs" you think should be passed on to our kids. Sounds alot like "Death to the Infidels". Truth is, I help old(er) folks cross the street, I contribute as generously as I can to charities that actually help people, I've been on three Habitat for Humanity builds, I've been married to the same woman for 40 years, and I have raised two kind, caring, and productive citizens, neither of whom are "religious". I genuinely LIKE people and as a consequence see no need for me to have to validate that by joining some organization that (collectively) throughout history has been responsible for some of the most heinous crimes ever perpetrated against fellow human beings. The most moral people that I have met in my lifetime tended to be those that "lived" their morality rather than preach it. BTW, if you're ever down Valrico way, by all means, stop by. I'll teach you a few jazz chords. It'll liven up your music .

Peace,

chas

#219299 - 07/05/06 03:14 PM Re: Hit song by Gwen Stefani
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:

The most moral people that I have met in my lifetime tended to be those that "lived" their morality rather than preach it.
chas

Well said

#219300 - 07/05/06 04:04 PM Re: Hit song by Gwen Stefani
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
To "lived" morality is to "preach" it...

BTW Chas, Why do you assume I do not know jazz chords already? Now I sound like you..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 07-05-2006).]

#219301 - 07/06/06 03:18 AM Re: Hit song by Gwen Stefani
cgiles Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
BTW Chas, Why do you assume I do not know jazz chords already? Now I sound like you..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 07-05-2006).]

Fran, if we're going to be cyber-friends, you're going to have to start recognizing when I'm pulling your chain . Here's a clue; look for the smiley-faces ( ).

chas

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online