SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#219057 - 06/10/02 11:10 AM Roland EM-55 vs Roland VA-3
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
After looking at the specs again for both these keyboards I see so much similarity regarding the hardware of the two. It seems the EM-55 is basically a cheap looking version of the VA-3 minus the touch screen. They both have 3,000+ sounds, D beam, almost same number of drum sets, 16 track sequencer, and a lot more. The EM-55 is selling for a bit much too, especially when you compare it to the PSR's.... Also why is Roland so dull when it comes to listing the specs for their keyboards? They give you such bland descriptions on them... They claim they're great keyboards and sum them up with a list of like 5 specs.... It would be nice if they listed how many MB's they have to the sounds, give more info on the sequencers, and so on. They could take a little lesson from Yamaha in this department. Just a little observation of mine.. Thought I'd share.

squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#219058 - 06/10/02 04:46 PM Re: Roland EM-55 vs Roland VA-3
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Squeak, I hope Roland does not follow Yamaha's footsteps. Roland does not go with the hype routine. The products sell themselves, and do not rely on future promotions. When you read about a Roland it is available at your Roland Dealer..Matter of fact, when I was a Roland dealer, many times I knew more about a new keyboard before my rep. I always liked Roland products, they work and sound good, without the bogus surprises..

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online