Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Here's another great idea if you haven't seen it:
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/011419.html

#218484 - 09/22/05 05:12 AM Re: Logitech z5500
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Yamiguy:
Hi Gary, Thanks. I'm going out tomorrow to check it out at the local comp usa. I wonder how the Bose Pas tower of little speakers projects if its not sitting up high on a pole. Seems like the bodies of the crowd would sap the pas's energy. Hmmm.

Keep in mind that Bose uses 23 speakers in a 7-foot tall tower, and if you are on a stage, the top of the tower could be 10 or more feet above the floor--not a problem. There was a time when I used a pair of monster Peaveys (SP5-G) that were just too heavy for me to put on stands. If I recall, they weighed about 80 pounds apeice, and while I could put them on stands, it scared the hell out of me that one day they may get knocked over by a drunk. Consequently, they spent most of their time on the floor. The folks at the front tables were being blasted, while those in the rear were always saying turn it up. With the Bose, the distribution of volume is nearly equal throughout the room, regardless of size. Sometime in the not too distant future, I expect to see nothing but this type of sound system used by OMBs, DJs, Karaoke singers and other performers. It just makes sense!

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#218485 - 09/22/05 09:20 PM Re: Logitech z5500
Yamiguy Offline

Hi Gary,
Checked out the z5500 at the local comp usa...400+tax=435 ish....uggg. I'm ordering thru amazon tonight for 275 lol. They didn't have it hooked up to anything but i saw how massive that sub is. Its heavy too. I cant imagine people hooking that up to their computer! lol.

Hey Scott,
Neat pix of the poor mans PAS lol. Its good to see creativity in action.

Thanks you two...I'm just gonna sit tight now and wait for my new project/toy...lol Take Care :-)

#218486 - 09/22/05 10:21 PM Re: Logitech z5500
Yamiguy Offline

Actually i have one more question. When hooking up to the system, do you hook into the mini-jack on the side of the main controller that they give you? Is it a full spectrum signal that you put into the controller...or a subwoofer out signal. Also...does the controller takes batteries? Do they last a long time? Is there an option to run it on a/c?
Thanks Again Guys

#218487 - 09/23/05 05:39 AM Re: Logitech z5500
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
If you wish to use the entire system and all speakers, plug a 1/8-inch, male, stereo plug into the side of the remote receiver where you see the musical notation. The other end of the cable must be a splitter that has a pair of 1/4-inch, male, mono, phono plugs which will plug directly into your keyboard, or into your mixer's stereo output channels.

Now set the small toggle switch to the upright position on the back of the remote receiver (6 Ch. Direct). Now go to the effects button on the front of the receiver and select Pro-Logic II Music. Set all satellite volumes to maximum and set the sub volume to approximately 25 percent of maximum.

The wireless remote control runs on batters, and they seem to last forever--just like those used with a TV sets remote control. The control is only activated when the bottoms are depressed, therefore it's off most of the time.

If you are just going to use this just as a sub, the only difference is you will not be hooking up the satellite speakers. However, I highly recommend hooking up the satellites and using the full system--you'll like what you hear.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online