SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#218182 - 04/28/06 07:42 PM Tyros Questions for Scott Yee & All Users.....
Dnj Offline

I have a few T2 questions.......
Im trying to remember things from my otter Yammy kb's?

Are they now shipped with the latest OS Ver or does it have to be uploaded on their website?

Are registrations Saved in the same manner as the 3k was with the extra step to save to memory so you dont lose your Reg upon powerup?

Can you save Multipads to registrations?
Are there new Multipads then 3k/T1?

Can you transfer/save lyrics as text files/or to bring up during style play with reg?

Can you use the black MS 50 Yamaha 3 pc speakers with T2 if you attach brackets if possible?

What can you do editing wise with the USB connection from T2/PC?

Can you play Mega voices & S Art voices in real time?

How much better is the Keyfeel then T1/3k?

Is the Vocalizer the same as the T1/3k?

Are there L/R AUX Inputs for eg: Laptop or Mp3 player etc ?

What improvements were made to the Music Finder?

How is the HD recorder? Multi track?

Does anyone have the upgraded RAM chips is ther a noticable difference?

What size HD do you suggest is there a size limit & is access slower the bigger you go?

Well thats it for now.....
& thankyou in advance for any replies.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 04-29-2006).]

#218183 - 04/29/06 02:59 AM Re: Tyros Questions for Scott Yee & All Users.....
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I'll try to answer some of them but, I'm no way an expert.

Are registrations Saved in the same manner as the 3k was with the extra step to save to memory so you dont lose your Reg upon powerup? same as T1

Can you save multipads to registrations?
yes

Can you save lyrics as text files/or to bring up during style play with reg?not sure

Can you use the black MS 50 Yamaha 3 pc speakers with T2 if you attach brackets if possible?not sure

What can you do editing wise with the USB connection from T2/PC?yes

Can you play Mega voices & S Art voices in real time?yes

How much better is the keyfeel then T1/3k?
much better

yes (crap)

Are there AUX Ins for Laptop or Mp3 player etc ?I think so but not near the board

What improvements were made to the Music Finder?Scott knows much more on that, I barely use it

How is the HD recorder? Multi track?it's a neat feature, haven't really used it much yet

Does anyone have the upgraded RAM chips is ther a noticable difference?I haven't noticed anything, it's mainly for the sample playback part

What size HD do you suggest?I have a 80 gig, prices are so cheap now it didn't really matter that much

I hope I confused you more

#218184 - 04/29/06 04:30 AM Re: Tyros Questions for Scott Yee & All Users.....
Dnj Offline

Frank you havent conused me more at all, I appreciate your reply...... but I would hope to get some more in detail answers top my questions from T2 users to get some kind of opinion pattern on their feelings good or bad.......we'll see.

#218185 - 04/29/06 07:45 AM Re: Tyros Questions for Scott Yee & All Users.....
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Vocal harmonizer is Not the same,if you do proper adjustments its fine to use.

Are there AUX Ins for Laptop or Mp3 player etc ? Yes there is.

Can you save lyrics as text files/or to bring up during style play with reg, Yes that all progammable and to save in 1 reg.

What can you do editing wise with the USB connection from T2/PC ,all the sounds onboard in depht, and the wave sounds you self made (very nice), and of course managing youre Harddisk.

Mega voices are not made for playing life, thats where the SA voices been invented,(Super)

Are registrations Saved in the same manner as the 3k was with the extra step to save to memory so you dont lose your Reg upon powerup? not so, it stays in youre last registration, and now you can see each name you give at one each registration.

And of course you can make youre own file in the music finder,could also on T1.

Regards,
Impuls//Soryt

#218186 - 04/29/06 07:50 AM Re: Tyros Questions for Scott Yee & All Users.....
Dnj Offline

Impuls...........thanx for the info...little by little Im getting some answers.......hope more people will respond.

#218187 - 04/29/06 10:03 AM Re: Tyros Questions for Scott Yee & All Users.....
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Are they now shipped with the latest OS Ver or does it have to be uploaded on their website?

It ships with the latest OS version available at the time of the specific keyboard's production run. Most recent & subsequent OS Updates are easily downloaded from Yamaha's website.

Quote:

Are registrations Saved in the same manner as the 3k was with the extra step to save to memory so you dont lose your Reg upon powerup?
YES ! The last reg bank file called up is automatically saved at power down and automatically loaded at next power up.

Quote:

Can you save Multipads to registrations?
Are there new Multipads then 3k/T1?

Yes; Yes

Quote:

Can you transfer/save lyrics as text files/or to bring up during style play with reg?

YES to both questions. Better yet, it's possible to call up a different lyrics txt file for each individual reg button, of which means you're able to call up lyrics for just the specific section(s) of the song that registration was intended for. It also allows you to know which reg (verse, chorus, bridge) to go to next.

Quote:

Can you use the black MS 50 Yamaha 3 pc speakers with T2 if you attach brackets if possible?

Yes. You can order the T2 satellite brackets separately from Yamaha parts, but be prepared to pay an exorbitant price. I opted for the T2 MS202 speaker system, and replaced the Yamaha T2 satellites with a pair of Bose 161's which mount nicely (and look terrific & ideally sized) on the T2 satellite mounting brackets, and sound FAR SUPERIOR (161's providing clean highs & smooth mid-range). With this setup, the 161's plug directly into the dedicated Satellite speaker inputs on the far right/left back of Tyros2 eliminating the need to string about extra wires required for those standalone subwoofer-satellite systems. I utilize this setup alone now for all my small gigs, reserving my EV PA system for larger venues, reserving the quick release bracket mounted Bose 161's for personal on stage monitoring. Speaker setup time: under 45 seconds.

Quote:

Can you play Mega voices & S Art voices in real time?

Even though a couple of people have perhaps been able to succesfully do this in, the mega voices were not designed by Yamaha to be played live on the keyboard. Super Articulation Voices were specifically designed by Yamaha to be played live in real time.

Quote:

No! A new keyboard tracking feature has been added: lower, upper, auto. I'm finding the T2's vocalizer very good-excellent. When I first purchased T2, I experienced some problems, but after making proper adjustments, including setting keyboard tracking from 'auto' to "lower" (to better match my baritone voice), my T2's VH now sound clean and distinct. Even though I own the TC Helicon Voiceworks, I rarely use it for live performance now.

Quote:

Are there L/R AUX Inputs for eg: Laptop or Mp3 player etc ?

Yes. I play break music (via iPod) thru my Tyros2 this way.

Quote:

What improvements were made to the Music Finder?

1) Music Finder no longer automatically pops back to first record when you leave MusicFinder Window.
2) Music Finder now allows you to store/call up a specific intro 1, 2, 3
3) Unforunately, request for Reg Bank files to be called up via MusicFinder, and accessiblity to custom styles located on HD or remote media have not (yet?) been implemented by Yamaha on Tyros2.

Quote:

How is the HD recorder? Multi track?

Stereo (2 Track) per take , with unlimited overdub tracking possible

Quote:

Does anyone have the upgraded RAM chips is ther a noticable difference?

Adding RAM chips has no bearing on the keyboard performance speed. RAM chips are used for storing audio voice samples. I installed 1 GB RAM, but probably never needed that much because no audio samples are available to fill that capacity. If I had to do it again, I'd probably would have saved some $ simply puchased 2x128= 256MB of RAM.

Quote:

What size HD do you suggest is there a size limit & is access slower the bigger you go?

Read HERE

Ok Donny, because I believe all your questions have already been covered on other treads & forums, if you need more in depth answers simply perform a search on this General arranger and the following arranger kb forums:

Synthzone Yamaha Arr Keyboard
Yamaha PKowner Forum
Tyros2.Net Forum
PSR Tutorial Forum
SVP World

Ok buddy, the REST is up to you. Good luck. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 04-29-2006).]

#218188 - 04/29/06 10:22 AM Re: Tyros Questions for Scott Yee & All Users.....
Dnj Offline

Scott.....thanx for taking the time to answer & doubly confirm some of my concerns....call me sometime we'll chat!

#218189 - 04/29/06 12:19 PM Re: Tyros Questions for Scott Yee & All Users.....
Dnj Offline

"Scott Wrote:".....

"I opted for the T2 MS202 speaker system, and replaced the Yamaha T2 satellites with a pair of Bose 161's which mount nicely (and look terrific & ideally sized) on the T2 satellite mounting brackets, and sound FAR SUPERIOR (161's providing clean highs & smooth mid-range). With this setup, the 161's plug directly into the dedicated Satellite speaker inputs on the far right/left back of Tyros2 eliminating the need to string about extra wires required for those standalone subwoofer-satellite systems. I utilize this setup alone now for all my small gigs, reserving my EV PA system for larger venues, reserving the quick release bracket mounted Bose 161's for personal on stage monitoring. Speaker setup time: under 45 seconds

This sounds interesting ...can you post a pic of the speakers so I can see this setup bracketed on the T2......are the 161's powered?

#218190 - 04/29/06 01:03 PM Re: Tyros Questions for Scott Yee & All Users.....
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Here you go:
http://www.yamahapkowner.com/forum/index.php/topic,1369.0.html

Scroll down and you can see and click on the pic.

Eric

#218191 - 04/29/06 01:04 PM Re: Tyros Questions for Scott Yee & All Users.....
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Let me try this:
http://www.yamahapkowner.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1369.0;attach=661

Eric

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online