SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#218056 - 12/27/99 11:36 PM Technics 2000 conversion
Hein OLivier Offline

Loc: Port Elizabeth South Africa
I once heard from Jerry Silberstein and hope that he will read this and reply to me with regard to conversion software to play Technics files in Cakewalk......please and thanks....hein

#218057 - 12/28/99 02:06 PM Re: Technics 2000 conversion
Jer Offline

Loc: Delay Beach Florida
Hein;

Check your E mail. I just sent you a letter.

There is no conversion software that I know of that will allow you to play Technics Format files into Cakewalk so you can work on them.

There is a procedure using a Technics Kn2000 keyboard where you hook up your keyboard to the computer - using Midi cables - and you are able to transmit all of your settings - including the automatic rhythms using the cakewalk program in your computer to convert Technics format into General Midi files.

If your object is to then play these files in your computer - or send them to someone else who doesnt have a Kn2000 to hear what you have created - that's fine.

If your object is to then play them in your j
keyboard - having " improved " them in Cakewalk - I don't agree that this will give you the best result.

There is also the reverse procedure - where you can take General Midi files - and convert them into "Super Technics Format"

These are much superior to ordinary General Midi files - and do not require any computer program whatever - but they are in the Technics "proprietary" format - and are no longer general midi - but there is no quality comparison with General Midi files.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Jerry

[This message has been edited by Jer (edited 12-28-1999).]

#218058 - 12/29/99 08:59 AM Re: Technics 2000 conversion
Larry Cohan Offline

Hein,

I think you'll find a positive answer to your question at http://users.erols.com/lcohan/technics/

Let me know if you need any help.

Larry

#218059 - 12/30/99 11:39 AM Re: Technics 2000 conversion
Hein OLivier Offline

Loc: Port Elizabeth South Africa
Thanks so much for the info. I really appreciate it and will take time to digest it all. Happy new year to all. Regards...hein

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online