SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#218029 - 11/07/01 10:27 PM PSR2000 question
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Can any PSR2000 owner tell me if you can make the keyboard hold the left voice without the arranger running? Will the 2000 also play the selected Bass note when you change chords, all the time holding the chord until you strike a new one?
I am having a hard time explaining this clearly because, so far, no one seems to be able to answer. On my Roland, you can choose "Left Hold" along with "Manual Bass". Then, without any style playing, you get chords and root bass note played until you play another chord.
Do this make sense to any of you?

Tom

#218030 - 11/08/01 02:18 AM Re: PSR2000 question
Datablues Offline

Loc: Nuernberg, Germany
Hi TomTomSF...

itīs the same with the PSR2000. Switch on the "Left hold button" you find in the Effect Section. Don`t forget to switch on the left voice and...the hold function is working. If you need the base note for the chord than switch on the ACMP-Button in the Style control without starting the style. This should be exactly the funtion you are looking for, if I understand your posting correctly.

Greetings Datablues

Datablues

#218031 - 11/08/01 07:06 AM Re: PSR2000 question
TomTomSF Offline

Ah, hah! Thank you for the answer! The PSR740 could NOT do this, to my knowledge. I'm happy to hear the 2000 has this capability.
Tom

#218032 - 11/08/01 07:40 AM Re: PSR2000 question
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Tom,
I will also put my two cents it here. Yamaha even called me to see if I found this new function (which can be shut off if you like) alowing the user to hear the sounds of the chord tracks and bass track even when you are not starting the accomp. rhythm. This was a feature in old Yamaha keyboards but not in the newer ones.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#218033 - 11/09/01 10:38 PM Re: PSR2000 question
TomTomSF Offline

Hi George!
Yes, I know the older Yamaha's had it. And Roland, and Technics and Korg (though no bass note plays on the Korg).
I like to use strings or a choir and play along to it. It's great if you want a quiet number without auto-accomp. Especially if you are a crappy player, like me.

Tom

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online