SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#21799 - 01/22/99 11:20 PM ** JP8080 - HELP w/Analog Sounds***
Vmusic Offline

Loc: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Hi, I'm an electric violin play (NOT MIDI), I'd like to get analog synth sounds from my violin. I'm looking at a JP8080 or an Access Virus...but I can't get any sounds out of them. HELP Please.. can these things really morph an analog signal ??? Again, I don't have or want MIDI, and I don't want a guitar processor.

#21800 - 01/23/99 04:29 AM Re: ** JP8080 - HELP w/Analog Sounds***
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes it can morph sounds, but probably not like your thinking. (be forewarned: I've only had mine about a month so it may do something I don't know about).
As far as I'm aware, the formant filter and morphing features all require 2 sounds input at once (except for the robot voice one which doesn't generate musical notes). The formant filter (maybe you know it as a vocoder or talkbox) will take aspects of one sound and apply them to another. Generally you need to either play a keyboard while its doing it or input an outside source to filter the other source though, it does NOT generate midi or create sounds on its own, you need 2 sources! The other feature is voice morphing, what that does is make one sound blend into another given a source input. You can,for instance, make a nice string pad morph into a brass part by talking or singing in a mic (it seems to work through you phrasing). Again you need to be playing the keyboard string while you talk in the mic so it requires two inputs. Unless you are able to play the violin and a keyboard at the same time it probably won't do much for you. There are guitar effects out there that will synthize you sound though but I don't know they would work on a violin as the usually employ a bridge mounted midi note generator.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online