Man what a crock! I ordered a gift for my youngest brother today from a website called "Smokey Mountain Knife Works". I've ordered many items personally from them over the years.

Today I thought it would be safe to call first and make sure the item was in stock since their websites can sometimes not be accurate.

Well after placing the order the rep tells me that for an additional $10.00 added to the shipping they'll guarentee the item be delivered by Christmas. I thought "what the hell". I told the lady Christmas is (2) weeks away and you're charging customers ten bucks more to make sure they get it by Christmas.

Hell what choice do you have, you're basically bullied into paying that extra 10 bucks because of the "possibility" that they can't ship an in stock item to an address on the same coast within (2) weeks.

I'd like to know what they're doing with all those extra ten dollar bills. Maybe it's me, but doesn't that seem a little unethical business practice, and basically extorting money from shoppers, and taking advantage because of the holiday?

I really feel like I got dooped on this one. It's not even the 10 bucks either, it's the principal of the matter.

Anyways sorry to post off topic, but this one got me worked up today.

Squeak

Oh I forgot to add this one. Here's the real kick in the whazoo! The item I bought for him was only $12.99 (it was a double sword set on sale). However the shipping with the extra 10 smackers cost me an additional $25.00 !!!!! How can that be right. Highway robbery I say

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 12-13-2005).]

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 12-13-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.