SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#217868 - 09/03/05 02:34 PM Re: Tyros 2 Product USA Product Release News
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
For what it's worth department, someone from France had this to say on Bob Gelman's Yahoo Yamaha style forum:

"yamaha is supposed to make a "de luxe" edition with 76 keys later, but not confirmed"

#217869 - 09/03/05 04:26 PM Re: Tyros 2 Product USA Product Release News
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
For what it's worth department, someone from France had this to say on Bob Gelman's Yahoo Yamaha style forum:

"yamaha is supposed to make a "de luxe" edition with 76 keys later, but not confirmed"

I will keep hoping but I won't hold my breath. If they do make a 76 key version I also hope they will give it a more 'professional' look instead of those: "what were they thinking when they did that!" @|@ ugly angled edges.

Sorry but I can't fathom how they ended up with a design like that. They could have come up with something much more original and unique and most of all better looking if you ask me. Well... maybe not.. Just look at all those Japanese cars on the road! They all look the same and most of them are uglier than a mud hen.

These are my opinions of course. Sorry if you have a Foreign Import from you know where. My deepest apologies.

Best regards,
Mike

#217870 - 09/03/05 09:36 PM Re: Tyros 2 Product USA Product Release News
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I looked at the picture I have and it does have the angled corners.
George Kaye
kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#217871 - 09/03/05 09:40 PM Re: Tyros 2 Product USA Product Release News
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Might make it easier to fit into a tight carry bag.
I like the way it looks.
George, does it give the weight?
DonM

#217872 - 09/03/05 10:30 PM Re: Tyros 2 Product USA Product Release News
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
People that buy the Tyros2 may want to keep an extra pint of blood on hand just in case something goes amiss. The point of those angled edges look really sharp, if you know what I mean. If someone's not careful when hoisting it around you may lose an eye or some other important bodily function or feature. I hope the person's Medical Insurance is up to date and with sufficient coverage also. You may also want to have good standing with a competent lawyer just in case the person you injure is someone other than yourself.

I know I'm just funning but I think the risk of injury is quite a serious and real threat. All I can say is BE CAREFUL! Especially if you start swinging it around and there are other people in the near vicinity. I know I wouldn't want to get bashed by those pointed edges. I don't think others would appreciate it either.

I suppose a person can modify it if they want to. Like maybe cut holes in a couple of tennis balls and insert them over the pointed edges. You might need some velcro to make them stay in place though.

Best regards,
Mike

#217873 - 09/04/05 06:02 AM Re: Tyros 2 Product USA Product Release News
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Promising.
Missed this link in this thread though:
http://www.tyros2.net/news.php

Additional feature TYROS2:
Higher level of protein equivalents than found in TYROS 1 (Low Phe/Tyr Diet Powder)

------------------
drdalet

[This message has been edited by drdalet (edited 09-04-2005).]

#217874 - 09/04/05 09:26 AM Re: Tyros 2 Product USA Product Release News
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I'm not too sure about the new model. I'm waiting for the release of the Tyros two so I can see where the prices go to with the current Tyros. Right now the arragner on my list for my new set up is the Tyros 1 Yeah the new model has more megavoices (playable), new styles, large sample storage capacity, HD recording, but I don't know quite yet if the price is worth it. I too am curious about the HD recording. It doesn't say if you can multi-track with it.

Here's how I see it, if you want a good board that has a good sequencer, good sampling, good sounds, and internal hard disk (multi-track) recording that is integrated with the internal sequencer, then buy an Alesis Fusion Synth. Hell that board is only $1,699.

I do like the specs on the new Tyros, but I'm with AJ on a few things here. Can't really see the need for sampler on an arranger other than to load in new voices (if it reads specific formats), and maybe new drum kits or loops, but this feature makes more sense on a synth considering they're designed and better suited for this feature.

Again I'll wait until the new release to see what they current Tyros price will go down to. I'm not thrilled with the 61 keys, but I can always midi it up to another board.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 09-04-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#217875 - 09/11/05 07:20 AM Re: Tyros 2 Product USA Product Release News
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Please don't toy with my emotions so...

If Yamaha comes out with a 76 key deluxe version, I will be a very, very happy camper.

However, empty promises have been made before.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:

[This message has been edited by kbrkr (edited 09-11-2005).]

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#217876 - 09/12/05 02:03 AM Re: Tyros 2 Product USA Product Release News
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi All
The Caister Organ & Keyboard festival UK is coming up at the end of the month, when Tyros 2 gets its World Premier, so I will have a word with Yamaha to see if there are any possibilities of a 76 Note Tyros.
One thing I would say though is that in the UK at least, Yamaha tends to promote the Tyros more to the Home User, rather then Professional User; so 76 Notes are not a priority.

Bill

#217877 - 09/19/05 09:06 AM Re: Tyros 2 Product USA Product Release News
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Doesn't look like they've changed the Music Rack Brackets at all on the new T2. I thought I saw that feature listed somewhere?

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online