Today I received my official announcement of the release of the new Yamaha Tyros2. Availability will begin October 2005. MSRP will be $4095.00 with the optional TRS-MS202 speakers continuing at $299.00 and the optional L7S stand at $249.00. MAP price for the Tyros2 is $3495.00.
Here is the exact information I received from Yamaha in a email sent directly to me from the Marketing Manager of Portable keyboards:
"Bursting with innovative new features, TYROS2 is a true musical powerhouse. Revolutionary Super Articulation Technology delivers the best and most expressive voices we've ever put into a keyboard. 400 dynamic accompaniment styles meticulously recreate every nuance of the world's most popular musical genres. With the brand new Hard Disk Recorder, you can record what you play and what you sing, including vocal harmony, to an optionally installed hard disk drive.

Super Articulation Technology -40 playable Mega voices

Audio Rendering: optional hard drive recording at CD Quality

Newly-designed high quality keyboard action

Up to 1GB Custom Voice sample/playback (Wave, AIFF)

Internet Direct connect: connect directly to Internet Content

RGB/Video out: connect to a computer monitor or display device

USB "To Device" Storage devices and USB "to host", 32 midi channels

Text file viewer for lyrics, song or Registration information

More Mega Voices and Super Articulation equals even more realistic styles.

There is a picture of the Tyros in black and white and it looks the same as the current Tyros. 61 keys, same display and attachable speakers and music rack.
This letter is dated September 4, 2005. This is everything I know as of now!

George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)