SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#217052 - 05/12/03 05:52 PM Re: What Does Playing an Arranger Keyboard do for You ?
Bill E Offline

Loc: nashville
An arranger helps me get a song out of my head and into a form that others can hear. I do not write on an arranger, but I sure "arrange" on an arranger. I can quickly try different versions of a new song. A great tool.

#217053 - 05/12/03 06:39 PM Re: What Does Playing an Arranger Keyboard do for You ?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
All of the above, plus it provides about half my annual income. I never learned to read music, but I never let that interfere with my playing and singing. The arranger allows me to keep those creative juices flowing, which is one of the reasons I can still work 60 to 80-hour weeks and enjoy what I'm doing. To me, being an entertainer is just one more fun way of making a living. If I ever get to the point where it's not fun, that will likely be the day when a lot of older people are looking down at me saying "Damned, I wish I would have done that."

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#217054 - 05/12/03 06:46 PM Re: What Does Playing an Arranger Keyboard do for You ?
MagicUser Offline

Loc: New York, USA
Gary,

Find something you like to do and you never have to work again.

I tell people: "Excuse me, I have to go play work."

- Brian

#217055 - 05/12/03 07:15 PM Re: What Does Playing an Arranger Keyboard do for You ?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
What Does Playing an Arranger Keyboard do for You ?

Gives me an excuse to hang out here.

#217056 - 05/12/03 09:41 PM Re: What Does Playing an Arranger Keyboard do for You ?
zuki Offline

Anxiously allows me to look forward to the next NAMM show...PA-X? Roland?
Zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#217057 - 05/13/03 02:23 AM Re: What Does Playing an Arranger Keyboard do for You ?
sunster Offline

Loc: Mumbai, INDIA
I used to play just single instruments and my choice of songs to sing were minimal. Now I have a PSR 740 and boy, has it changed my life. I dont think I would even trade my arranger for a highly sophisticated non-arranger. It just wouldnt serve my purpose. All the claps and kudos I get for my music I owe it to my faithful 740 which has improved my presentation abilities and hey, what do yu know, it even patched up things between me and my girl when things were broken. She heard me sing and play. I was using the Vocal Harmonizer. I sang "All I have to do is dream" with Vocal Harmony and she just came and hugged me with teary eyes. With so many memories attached to my arranger, I don't think I would like to give it up for ANYTHING!!!

#217058 - 05/13/03 04:01 AM Re: What Does Playing an Arranger Keyboard do for You ?
Micco Offline

Loc: Finland
An arranger keyboard is my only band at the moment. I would like to play on a band, but I can not find any players that would play the same music as I do. I am 20 years old and most other young people play only techno, punk, heavy, hard rock and other music styles like that. They don´t play smooth jazz, fusion, funk and old latin like I do. So an arranger keyboard is my only friend at the moment.

Micco

#217059 - 05/13/03 04:42 AM Re: What Does Playing an Arranger Keyboard do for You ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by sunster:
I used to play just single instruments and my choice of songs to sing were minimal. Now I have a PSR 740 and boy, has it changed my life. I dont think I would even trade my arranger for a highly sophisticated non-arranger. It just wouldnt serve my purpose. All the claps and kudos I get for my music I owe it to my faithful 740 which has improved my presentation abilities and hey, what do yu know, it even patched up things between me and my girl when things were broken. She heard me sing and play. I was using the Vocal Harmonizer. I sang "All I have to do is dream" with Vocal Harmony and she just came and hugged me with teary eyes. With so many memories attached to my arranger, I don't think I would like to give it up for ANYTHING!!!

Boy, what a romantic you are! Who could guess that such "western like" vibrations are flowing in distant countries like yours... With just an arranger keyboard...

-- José.

#217060 - 05/13/03 05:26 AM Re: What Does Playing an Arranger Keyboard do for You ?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I started as an organ player, and moved on to synths in the late 70's. I too had the early Casio and Yamaha keys. I had an early Technics model in the late 80's and thought it was pretty cool. The arranger section sounded better than anything I had played to that point. I never realized how far arrangers had come though 'til about 5 years ago when I started playing a PSR530 that I saw at a Circuit City. I was instantly hooked.
Arrangers assist me in creating music of my own design, and / or playing along to current / older favorites. They also allow me to perform a host of songs live with just a guitarist / vocalist or without anyone else at all. My arrangers have allowed me to practice with a "band" at any time I want to do so, which in turn has sharpened my skills.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 05-13-2003).]

#217061 - 05/13/03 05:39 AM Re: What Does Playing an Arranger Keyboard do for You ?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
* My kn6000 allows me to transform a little social gathering into a raucous party ...
* My kn6000 allows my to leave the hustle and bustle of an all too busy day, and with a set of headphones go off into a world all by myself ...
* My kn6000 allows me to duplicate a hit tune so that the client thinks it sounds like the recording ...
* My kn6000 allows me to take a well known song and re-arrange it in a whole new way ...
* My kn6000 allows me to be a part of a 16 piece big band, a power rock group, a sophisticated jazz combo, or a solo piano player, all depending on my mood ...
* My kn6000 allows me to feed this huge need to play entertainer, whether playing alone in my house or bringing the joy of music to others ...
* My kn6000 allows me to go out to nice places, meet and socialize with nice people (most of the time), eat good food, sing, play, and at the end of the night GET PAID FOR DOING IT !!! ...
* My kn6000 allows me to fade back in time, pretending I'm still playing gigs (jobs) with 4 of my lifelong best friends ...
* My kn6000 allows me serenade my bride of almost 40 years, and STILL have her tell me how much she enjoys it ... And that's the BEST part ...
t.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online