SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#217042 - 05/12/03 12:34 PM What Does Playing an Arranger Keyboard do for You ?
Dnj Offline

I thought I'd throw this topic out to the gang....I'll collect my feelings and post as soon as I return from todays gig.
Meanwhile what are Your Feelings ?..........

#217043 - 05/12/03 01:00 PM Re: What Does Playing an Arranger Keyboard do for You ?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Without the arranger keyboard I would not have leant to play in the first place.
As a young boy I had bad experiences with a piano teacher which left me uninterested to take it further.
The arranger many years later changed all that and gave me the pleasure I get from playing today.

Graham UK

#217044 - 05/12/03 02:00 PM Re: What Does Playing an Arranger Keyboard do for You ?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Those auto rythms put the fun back into playing. I use to play organ, two manuals and bass, but it sounded boring without rythm. I'm not saying it didn't sound good, just not exciting. With my arranger I can play the same song over and over, seems like I never get tired of it. Select a different voice every once in a while, then hit the fill. If I was playing with a live band most of the time, I would probable buy a Roland VK-8 (non-arranger). If I had the money, I wud stak it on top of the arranger, or get a softsynth. Yea!!
Starkeeper

#217045 - 05/12/03 02:04 PM Re: What Does Playing an Arranger Keyboard do for You ?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
It cured my sehborea and scoriasis.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#217046 - 05/12/03 02:50 PM Re: What Does Playing an Arranger Keyboard do for You ?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
They have kept me from having to get a real job!
They have saved my back from lifting organs, leslies, etc.
They have saved me money by packaging sounds, drums, vocal harmony, effects, compressor/limiter, equalizer, sequencer, song and file storage in an easy-to-carry, inexpensive instrument.
DonM

#217047 - 05/12/03 03:00 PM Re: What Does Playing an Arranger Keyboard do for You ?
Dnj Offline

Good points Don,

They have let me make a very good living at what I love to do.
They have let me give many many people enjoyment through my music.
They have let me retain the full band sound I used to be a part of for 20 years without all the problems that go with a 7pc show band.
They have made my prof life easier, letting me create, record, and play music with an all in one unit, the variations are endless.
The best part is that I know in the future technology will hopefully get better and better regarding Arranger KB's.
And that's very exciting !!!

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

#217048 - 05/12/03 03:46 PM Re: What Does Playing an Arranger Keyboard do for You ?
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
Difficult question to answer. Why does one like doing anything? Just for the pleasure of it I suppose. I came to arrangers late after having played the piano for over 40 years. I originally got a cheap one just as a midi controller but discovered I was a frustrated organist. So I got a PSR740 and I've been having a ball ever since.

Bryan

#217049 - 05/12/03 03:59 PM Re: What Does Playing an Arranger Keyboard do for You ?
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I came up with a bunch of good musicians in New Orleans. I'm a sax player that must know the chord changes. So I could always lay a chord down left handed and play melody for self entertainnment. I've always enjoyed playing a big variety of styles. The arranger is perfect for me to learn to be a one man band. I know lots of tunes I know the chords and melody.

Now all I need is a set of gagounias to get the nerve to go out and hustle gigs. I'm a bit short in that department. Yet I made a lot of rent money and paid bills walking up and asking 6'4" 260lb men in pool hall if they'd like to play some nine ball for a couple of bucks for years around New Orleans That's before I got religion.

But this entertainment thing is a bit different.

Boo

#217050 - 05/12/03 04:13 PM Re: What Does Playing an Arranger Keyboard do for You ?
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
I remember my first Yamaha and Casio keyboards I had with "auto accomp". Back in the late 70s they were considered toys. Like Starkeeper my family had a Lowrey console in the living room. At least it taught me how to play chords, but it was kind of boring. Those PSR type keyboards allowed me to enjoy my playing more.........I'd play for hours!
Today I have a Korg i40M and my newest favorite, a PSR2000! I still play for enjoyment, and sometimes for hours! With all of lifes turmoils..........my keyboards have never let me down! Music sooths, calms, and helps me forget the real world. I've created my own world in one room of my house where my music and computer gear is. I may enter it stressed out.............but always leave it a better person!

#217051 - 05/12/03 04:49 PM Re: What Does Playing an Arranger Keyboard do for You ?
MagicUser Offline

Loc: New York, USA
Do you remember the scene in Harry Met Sally in the restaurant? Yes! Yes!

It makes me feel happy.
It sings along with me in perfect harmony. (I'd like to teach the world to do that)
It gives me ideas for songs in the styles.
It makes me smile and my friends want to sing along and smile too
It gives me lots of instruments and sounds to try out and listen to.
It relaxes me.
I can be an entire band all by myself.

I like it and it likes me too.

- Brian

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online