SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#216889 - 08/31/06 10:49 AM Re: Good advice for life .....
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Dave,
From the looks of this forum I must say you have been missed. Lot’s of kind words written to you, it’s gotta feel good.

Dave, in everything we go through there is the blessing, and also “the pain”. The blessing is the fun part – the pain is also a type of blessing, it brings learning laced with humility, it helps you grow to the next higher step in your life. I can feel that difference in your post, welcome back.

John C.

#216890 - 08/31/06 05:06 PM Re: Good advice for life .....
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by bruno123:

Lot’s of kind words written to you, it’s gotta feel good.

John,
That's the understatement of the year!
This place can be very special if we all put special contributions into it. There is so much unrest and crap on TV and in the news ....... let's celebrate a true beauty - The joy of music - the UNIVERSAL language - the power that heals the soul.

It touches us all on some level ..... I want to share the feeling with as many people as I can. I sure hope I can get these kids excited this year.

There's a great line from the Broadway Play "Rent" ...... that says:

"The opposite of war isn't peace - IT'S CREATION ! "

So true. So true, and WE are the makers of the music. The creators of beauty. We have the power to change the world. REALLY, really change it.

I missed this place, and I'm glaf to be back! Thanx to all for the kind words.

Let's be good to one another.

#216891 - 08/31/06 05:10 PM Re: Good advice for life .....
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Uncle Dave heard a lot of mention of your name in the past. Came to the forum shortly after you took a leave. Now I know why, Welcome Back, you are a power of example.

#216892 - 08/31/06 05:49 PM Re: Good advice for life .....

I often reflect on who is really in control of my life, or put differently, who is orchestrating my life.

I just found that happening on this forum. The forum has been getting a little difficult, then Dave posts with a special humble feeling –it is changing the mood here – who’s orchestrating here? Did Dave know? Was it his intent?

The type of posts responding to Dave make you start the day with a smile/lift. They coming at a good time. Less proving that we are right and more trying to understand the other guy’s view. Aaaaaaaah.

How does the lyric go; “All you need is love”.

Dave, you were hurt and here are your friends, it does not get much better.

John C.

#216893 - 08/31/06 06:52 PM Re: Good advice for life .....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Dave,

Sounds like you had an expensive education.

Good luck in your recovery.

All the best,

Ian

------------------
Remember to leave good news alone.

#216894 - 08/31/06 07:25 PM Re: Good advice for life .....
tcon Offline

Loc: Pinellas Park.Florida. usa
Hi Dave,it's good that you are back.I don't post often,but I visit the zone a few times a day.A lot of very negative stuff as of late.Some entertaining stuff, in a Jerry Springer type of way,but negative just the same.I like the positive tone of your post and hope it will reflect on others. Terry

#216895 - 08/31/06 07:40 PM Re: Good advice for life .....
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
If you'll allow me to ramble on for just a bit, I'd like to share something that touched me years ago.

It was an episode of the (US) TV show "Growing Pains" that dealt with drunk driving ... specifically, underage drinking.
Carol and a friend go to a party that serves booze to minors, and then they crash the car on the way home. Carol is OK, but the driver ( who was drinking ) has a very close call, and is placed in ICU.
Well, the severity of the crash sort of clouds the actual drinking issue, because it seems that the poor boy has a "second chance". He's banged up ..... But after he heals - life goes on, right? Carol goes home to tell her parents that she really learned a good, solid lesson and that she and her friends will never drink and drive again. Then, the phone rings, and they inform the Seavers ( Carol’s parents ) that the driver has died from internal injuries.
Everyone is shocked. They just talked to the boy earlier. He was SUPPOSED to get better..... He was SUPPOSED to get his second chance. Well, he didn't.

It was a very touching episode….. much more serious than the show’s usual story lines.

The reason I share this story with you is because I now have that "second chance".
My wife (Donna) and I spent almost 18 years as polite strangers ... living as roommates, acting out a bizarre charade that was SUPPOSED to be "better for the kids". We really believed that too.
There was love, but there was distance. There was family all around, but Donna and I became strangers. We just watched as our marriage slowly, quietly slipped away from us. At the end, we were short tempered, quick tongued and very, very unhappy. The divorce was a relief for everyone. The kids felt better with the tension gone, and Donna and I began our journey of self enlightenment. We never lost sight of our common goal of raising the kids, and we didn't even hire a lawyer. We never even drew up a custody agreement. We figured that if we couldn't decide what was best for our own kids ... WHO else could? We HAD to communicate to do our job effectively.

I’ll try and make this story a little shorter, so - we'll jump to the present.
My mistake of rushing into a relationship with the "Miami Hurricane" ... had a huge price tag on it, but there IS a silver lining.

That's the point of this diatribe - there is ALWAYS another side to every story. There is always another way of doing something..... another viewpoint. My greatest blessing was having Donna as the mother of my children .... and that blessing has just been enriched with our reunion. I now get the chance to see her as a partner, a mate, a true friend.
My BEST friend. ( ……long time coming, but never too late ! )

Life's tough enough - let's focus on what's good about people. My dear, lovely, forgiving Donna is everything good I want to know in this life. From her warm, tender heart to her long, sexy legs ( down, boys ! ).... I just marvel when I think of the many ways this "second chance" is a true gift from God. She and I have MUCH work to do before all this child raising stuff is done, and the challenges are still coming at us, but I am certain that I can do everything I need to, as long as I have her in my corner. I feel safe when we’re together. Billy Joel says:
“I need you in my house, ‘cuz you’re my home”.
GREAT lyric.
Great viewpoint.
Great feeling !

This place … this forum, is another safe place that you can come to. You can share your thoughts ….. vent your frustrations …. Post your music …. Exchange ideas. The best thing about being a “Zoner” is the diversity we offer. Think of it – we span the ENTIRE globe ! We represent ALL AGES … ALL cultures … faiths, styles, levels of proficiency …… why, this place is as close to heaven on earth as you’ll ever find ! Here, we have the chance to share and thrive on each other’s experience! I am taking a warm feeling to bed with me tonight, and the glow is from a light created, NOT on my PC screen, but within the circuitry …. Traveling all around the world, sneaking in and out of millions of homes each night, bringing the Synth Zone family together. Tonight, I’ll take a piece of each of you to my silent world of dreams, where we can bask in the glow of each others spirit.
So, goodnight my friends ……… pleasant dreams and sleep tight, my friends ….. may tomorrow be sunny and bright ….. aw, you know the song.... finish it in your OWN voice !

“Goodnight, Johnboy”
(more American TV – sorry if it’s not world wide recognizable !)

#216896 - 08/31/06 07:43 PM Re: Good advice for life .....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Well, Dave, at least you learned your lesson(hopefully).

Some people never do...

Ian

------------------
Remember to leave good news alone.

#216897 - 08/31/06 08:04 PM Re: Good advice for life .....
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Dave,

Thanks for sharing your heart with us. I remember that story from a few years ago and I also remember the close call you had with your own daughters. It's amazing how much we share with each other. We all try to get along but there are some here that are hurting really bad inside and are rude, angry, bitter, and constantly attack other people here. Those folks need help and I thing it exceeds the abilities of this forum.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#216898 - 09/01/06 02:40 AM Re: Good advice for life .....

Dave ,
I have so much I want to add to what you have written but your post is beautiful as it is, it needs nothing.

I wish you and Donna the best of everything in your reunion. My wish for both of you would be contentment. From contentment joy and happiness follow and then you have peace.

With age comes wisdom, sounds like you are there Dave.

John C.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online