SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#216602 - 02/28/01 08:40 AM Solton and Yamaha Dealers
DNA Offline

Loc: Fremont, CA USA
This is my first post to this forum. Several years ago I was given a Yamaha PSR-510 as a Christmas present. I’ve enjoyed that and am thinking of upgrading to the 9000 Pro. After reading posts here I am also interested in checking out the Solton SD-1 when it comes out.

Does anyone know of any Solton dealers in the San Francisco Bay Area? Also, does anyone know if there is a dealer in the Bay Area that has the Yamaha 9000 Pro in their store? (I've phoned around and tried contacting Yamaha. So far, no luck.)

Thanks.

David Altekruse

#216603 - 02/28/01 09:09 AM Re: Solton and Yamaha Dealers
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
David,
email George Kaye at:
KAYELAND @aol.com
He's in Receda, and has both in the store !

#216604 - 02/28/01 11:44 AM Re: Solton and Yamaha Dealers
DNA Offline

Loc: Fremont, CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
David,
email George Kaye .. He's in Receda

Thanks, Dave. I've greatly enjoyed reading your past posts on this forum and am happy to meet you. Unfortunately, Reseda is in Southern California, near Beverly Hills and Burbank making it about a 700 mile, twelve hour round-trip drive from me. I'm hoping to find a store a little closer.

David

[This message has been edited by DNA (edited 02-28-2001).]

#216605 - 02/28/01 02:24 PM Re: Solton and Yamaha Dealers
Uncle Dave Offline

I was never good at geography, but Georges product knowledge and support is worth a weekend vacation trip to Receda! Email him, and order something over the airwaves!

#216606 - 02/28/01 02:54 PM Re: Solton and Yamaha Dealers
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
I agree with Uncle Dave. Just got my 9000-Pro from George. Wouldn't buy it from any other guy or store. You can read my post a bit down : "got my 9000-Pro".
Good luck

Eric

#216607 - 02/28/01 03:17 PM Re: Solton and Yamaha Dealers
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hello DNA,
That sounds kind of funny...........
I can try and help you. The SD1 is not available yet. The PSR9000pro is . Contact me at Guitar Center in Towson Maryland . Phone # is 410 821 5200.
oneils4@home or guitarcenterdan@hotmail.com
Dan O'Neil
PS..By the way the PSR510 was a great keyboard . I would place the 510 in Arranger "Hall of Fame" . Along with the Technics KN1000 ,Roland E86 and ....????? my 1st keyboard Yamaha X4500.

#216608 - 02/28/01 05:28 PM Re: Solton and Yamaha Dealers
Uncle Dave Offline

DanO,
Didn't mean to exclude you as a dealer, but I know George from past dealings... and he IS on the left coast. All the GC's in the world will never be able to replace a good old fashioned Mom & Pop store in my book. I hate to say it, but here in PA, the GC's are sadly staffed with under-informed order takers. Not a real salesperson in the bunch that I have met.
My friend Elliot (CHerry HIll) is pretty good with guitars, but he's management and never on the floor much!
I wish you well at your location. You are an agressive and well informed professional. I'm sure you do very well there. It's juat the whole "superstore" thing that I'm not into.

#216609 - 02/28/01 06:10 PM Re: Solton and Yamaha Dealers
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
For the cost of shipping you can try each one out for 30 days by contacting DanO1. I would think that there would be someone in the S.F. metro area who sells these wonderful products. I agree that 700 miles is a bit much. It might be worth it though. George Kaye is one terrific guy. You purchase from him and you also buy his knowledge and customer support, same from DanO.

Dan01, I'm going to be vacationing in Virginia this summer. Are there any Guitar Centers in that state? I'm also going to be at the Nashville NAMM. DonM tried to make it there last year and so did I. Neither one of us succeded. I will be there this year. Dan I hope to catch your act.

Using U.D.'s geography Virginia is real close to Detroit the home of the hapless Detroit Lions.

U.D. it is good to know that you aren't great at everything.

Tom

Tom

#216610 - 02/28/01 07:45 PM Re: Solton and Yamaha Dealers
Uncle Dave Offline

Tom........you're killin' me !

#216611 - 02/28/01 08:24 PM Re: Solton and Yamaha Dealers
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hello Tom and Uncle dave,
How about my Hall of Fame selections . I thought the E86 was a better keyboard than the G series .
The Guitar Center that I work at is a unique store . Towson Md. store wase voted #1 Guitar Center out of 85 location's . The store is not a commision based store . Everyone works on salary . I work on salary, I do receive monthly bonus for managing the keyboard
department .
Ketron is now being sold in Boston, Atlanta and probably more locations in the future.
I have not made an extra dime for growing this Solton/Ketron business from Guitar Center. I just happen to have a love for arranger keyboards . I just really dig the Ketron keyboards . Wait til you guys hear the SD1 . It's stunning .
Tom, I most likely will be at NAMM in Nashville . I have not been approached yet.
Yes, Guitar Center has location's in Virginia Beach, Fairfax and Seven Customer's ( ops Seven Corners)Va .
Maybe , When I finally get the SD1 you can pass by my store . I am just 5 minutes from Interstate 95 and 695.
Oh and Uncle Dave...We have stores in Detroit as well .
It was reported by our store in Seattle that the earthquake did not effect the performance of the Yamaha PSR9000 they have in stock. As a matter of fact....Since it weights 52 lbs all the employee's hid for shelter under that keyboard . Dan O

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online