SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#216419 - 11/10/06 06:55 PM Re: Out Of My Life...
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Beautiful job on one of my favorite songs by MJ-congrats!

#216420 - 11/11/06 10:30 AM Re: Out Of My Life...
The Accordionist Offline

Just as an aside, I think Mike takes already created Midifiles and then changes the voices on them. Scott Yee usually brings this up in threads where Mike demos his songs.

It's kind of a semantics thing. Mike does create the songs, but isn't playing them. Again, not an attack, Mike, but is this an already created midifile where you are substituting voices or is this actually you playing all of the parts? If it's the latter, my apologies.

Take care all.

Tommy

#216421 - 11/11/06 12:55 PM Re: Out Of My Life...
Dnj Offline

I hope this isnt another case of fakin it?
I enjoyed this tune...
Mike say it isnt so?

#216422 - 11/11/06 02:07 PM Re: Out Of My Life...
renig Offline

Loc: Canada

#216423 - 11/11/06 04:10 PM Re: Out Of My Life...
The Accordionist Offline

I don't think Mike is deceitful. It's a little frustrating that he uses wording like "a song I created". It always seems like he is a bit ambiguous. If you go through old threads you'll see a few example of this, always with Scott Yee asking "did you play this song or not????" Then he usually says he substituted voices, etc.

Not saying that he doesn't posess a unique skill, it just seems that when people start responding with "wonderful playing" and "you really nailed that guitar part" that he would pop in with "oh that's not me...it's a midifile and I put in my own voices".

Oh well.

Tommy

#216424 - 11/16/06 07:18 AM Re: Out Of My Life...
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Yes it is true about the GM. I will make sure from now on that I specify whether or not a song I post is my playing or a GM or a GM and me playing on top, etc. I will word the posts accordingly instead of letting people have to guess or assume one way or the other. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Now if anyone would like to hear MY personal songs I have some of them on my web site HERE .

Having said all of the above, I must say that I thought "Out Of My Life" was a beautiful song that shines even more through the Tyros. I did put some effort into it by re-voicing, panning several voices, and recording it in a manner that would make it sound its best.

Again, if you would like to hear some of my personal songs of my playing and/or singing please visit my web site song page HERE

Once again, sorry for the confusion and my apologies for the misunderstanding.

Best regards,
Mike

PS: I'm glad many of you liked the song regardless of its source.

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 11-16-2006).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online