Out Of My Life...

Posted by: keybplayer

Out Of My Life... - 11/09/06 07:16 PM

Sadly, we've had some people who, because of the shenanigans and personal attacks against our fellow SZ members, have left the Zone and haven't been heard from since. It's unfortunate and I don't blame them for choosing to leave.

So in their behalf I am posting a Song I made on my Tyros called: "Out Of My Life" originally sung and made famous by Michael Jackson. Actually the title is "She's Out Of My Life" but since I want the song to refer to all of those members who were offended and left it's called simply "Out Of My Life".

So to all of them I say: it's sad to see you leave and may the hurt we have caused you swiftly mend.

Someone has said time heals all wounds. That is my prayer for each of you..

Here is: Out Of My Life

PS: The lead voice is the English Horn from the Tyros' XG bank btw.

The other voices are the Chamber Strings, XG Fretless Bass, the Live! DynoSteel1 Guitar, , and XG Elec. Piano1.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 11-09-2006).]
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Out Of My Life... - 11/09/06 08:33 PM

Nice job.....well done...

would love to hear vocals on this great song.

thanx for sharing....
Posted by: George V

Re: Out Of My Life... - 11/09/06 08:58 PM

Hi,
I couldn't remember this song of MJ. Nicely played. Thanks for sharing.

If I were you I'd use the oboe as a lead instrument. Those high notes are unusual for english horn.

George
Posted by: Tapas

Re: Out Of My Life... - 11/09/06 09:10 PM

Wow Mike!!!!

That was such a polished demo. You did a brilliant job coaxing the bends and slides on the Live! DynoSteel1 Guitar. It was the perfect accompaniment for your lead voice.

Music opens up much more when one uses a few select voices sparingly. Your demo brings this point home. This was very enjoyable. I can listen to your music for hours. You had shared some nice demos with us before. This one is your best.

You perform like a Pro.

I want to hear some more :-)

Tapas
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Out Of My Life... - 11/10/06 05:07 AM

Mike,

Excellent job, I enjoyed it and it is about to be downloaded to my iPod.
Posted by: Tony Rome

Re: Out Of My Life... - 11/10/06 05:37 AM

Mike, I really enjoyed your rendition of a
MJ song I enjoyed from the first time I heard him sing it.....well done, thanks ...
TR
Posted by: loungelyzard

Re: Out Of My Life... - 11/10/06 07:09 AM

Mike:

Absolutely beautiful...Bravo.......Pose
Posted by: Jenkins

Re: Out Of My Life... - 11/10/06 09:04 AM

Very nice.

Just checked out the music on your website. Nice job. Just curious...what are you using to record your music and convert to mp3.

Thanks.
Posted by: BEBOP

Re: Out Of My Life... - 11/10/06 01:50 PM

It is just SO FINE
I enjoyed it more then anything I have heard lately.
Thank you kindly for this treat.
Best in all that you do,
Bebop
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Out Of My Life... - 11/10/06 04:17 PM

Mike ... listening now ... beautiful ...very well done ... Care to tell us a little about your recording technique?

Can you send me the chord progression?

t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 11-10-2006).]
Posted by: W Tracy Parnell

Re: Out Of My Life... - 11/10/06 06:55 PM

Beautiful job on one of my favorite songs by MJ-congrats!
Posted by: The Accordionist

Re: Out Of My Life... - 11/11/06 10:30 AM

Just as an aside, I think Mike takes already created Midifiles and then changes the voices on them. Scott Yee usually brings this up in threads where Mike demos his songs.

It's kind of a semantics thing. Mike does create the songs, but isn't playing them. Again, not an attack, Mike, but is this an already created midifile where you are substituting voices or is this actually you playing all of the parts? If it's the latter, my apologies.

Take care all.

Tommy
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Out Of My Life... - 11/11/06 12:55 PM

I hope this isnt another case of fakin it?
I enjoyed this tune...
Mike say it isnt so?
Posted by: renig

Re: Out Of My Life... - 11/11/06 02:07 PM

Oh dear . . .
http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/1822/natsmidi.html
Posted by: The Accordionist

Re: Out Of My Life... - 11/11/06 04:10 PM

I don't think Mike is deceitful. It's a little frustrating that he uses wording like "a song I created". It always seems like he is a bit ambiguous. If you go through old threads you'll see a few example of this, always with Scott Yee asking "did you play this song or not????" Then he usually says he substituted voices, etc.

Not saying that he doesn't posess a unique skill, it just seems that when people start responding with "wonderful playing" and "you really nailed that guitar part" that he would pop in with "oh that's not me...it's a midifile and I put in my own voices".

Oh well.

Tommy
Posted by: keybplayer

Re: Out Of My Life... - 11/16/06 07:18 AM

Yes it is true about the GM. I will make sure from now on that I specify whether or not a song I post is my playing or a GM or a GM and me playing on top, etc. I will word the posts accordingly instead of letting people have to guess or assume one way or the other. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Now if anyone would like to hear MY personal songs I have some of them on my web site HERE .

Having said all of the above, I must say that I thought "Out Of My Life" was a beautiful song that shines even more through the Tyros. I did put some effort into it by re-voicing, panning several voices, and recording it in a manner that would make it sound its best.

Again, if you would like to hear some of my personal songs of my playing and/or singing please visit my web site song page HERE

Once again, sorry for the confusion and my apologies for the misunderstanding.

Best regards,
Mike

PS: I'm glad many of you liked the song regardless of its source.

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 11-16-2006).]