SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#216214 - 08/27/04 10:40 AM Gigwatch at ArrangerWorkstation.com
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
They've provided a place for you to advertise your gigs so the all you arranger friends can make plans to come. Check it out: http://www.arrangerworkstation.com/forums/postlist.php?Cat=9&Board=gigwatch

------------------
Yamaha Customer Support
YCASupport@yamaha.com

#216215 - 08/27/04 02:46 PM Re: Gigwatch at ArrangerWorkstation.com
Beakybird Offline

Remember when people said that this website shut down for lack of interest?

I think it's a great looking website. Good job.

Hopefully, there will be more action on the forum. I posted about a month ago, and I haven't gotten a reply to a question.

Steve, do you have any idea if and when Yamaha quality styles will be available at this website or on the PSR3000/1500 dedicated website?

I don't have DSL or cable, but I am assuming that the same styles available at the direct connect website, will be available at arrangerworkstation.com.

Thank you,

Beakybird

[This message has been edited by Beakybird (edited 08-27-2004).]

#216216 - 08/28/04 06:17 AM Re: Gigwatch at ArrangerWorkstation.com
Tomcat Offline

Loc: Ft Collins Colorado, USA
This is NOT the same website as the earlier one. The earlier one was by/of/and for Craig Bell of the UK. This one is being done by KeyFax in California and has Yamaha backing. This is the same group who do Motifator.com and they are reputable and good folks. This site has just been up about 2 or 3 weeks and hasn't gotten much attention yet, but, hopefully it will take off and be a good resource.

Tom

------------------
Bigger is not always better

#216217 - 08/28/04 08:52 AM Re: Gigwatch at ArrangerWorkstation.com
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Yes, this is a much more comprehensive site. It is well laid out and have you guys actually taken the time to read some of the fascinating articles? >> They are very imformative and interesting.

Since it's moderated by Yamaha personnel such as our own Steve Deming and Keyfax has a major hand in it (designing and producing the web site for one), hopefully it will be a great sucess.

I noticed Phil aka 'Bad_Mister' of Yamaha U.S. is taking part over there. Oh well; maybe he's 'toned down' his "Bad" boy image that he's been known to portray over at motifator.com and turned over a new leaf. I noticed he even welcomed one of the members over at arrangerworkstation.com to the new site. That's an encouraging sign in and of itself.

PS: I did join arrangerworkstation.com but the SZ is and will continue to be my overwhelming favorite BBS for discussing and sharing info about Arranger Keyboards.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 08-28-2004).]

#216218 - 08/28/04 10:42 AM Re: Gigwatch at ArrangerWorkstation.com
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
It does look better and it'll be interesting to see what content develops, but already it looks like a site for Yamaha to promote their current 61-note arrangers (note that there is no specific forum area for discussing discontinued models or non-Yamaha arrangers as the previous AW forum area had). Keyfax seems like a good host for Yamaha's other forums even though their webstore items are terribly overpriced. Now if we could just find out why Yamaha won't make 76-note arrangers any more...

#216219 - 08/29/04 07:59 AM Re: Gigwatch at ArrangerWorkstation.com
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I've been using the Motifator website for about a year now and I check it daily for news, new products, particpate in the Motif forum,and I've even purchased quite a few samples, sounds, and stuff from their website.

If the ArrangerWorkstation portion of the site is anywhere as valuable as Motifator, I'll be a very happy camper!!

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online