SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#216105 - 02/07/04 10:17 PM Re: UD ... What happened last night?!?!?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
You're right - it's over. I spoke with the owner tonight, and he said the drummer was going to be fired until he met me. I carried him this far, but it can't go on like this. He even mentioned that he saw a difference the last two weeks in me - my face is an open book, and he could tell I was unhappy.
I asked for a Wednesday night - he gave it to me, and then told me to give the drummer 2 weeks notice and I can have Thursdays too.

Let's move on folks. This issue is dead.

#216106 - 02/08/04 06:24 PM Re: UD ... What happened last night?!?!?
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Dave, DonM figured it right. You did handle your response in a responsible and tactful way. Preaching? Putting myself in your shoes, now that you mention it, yes, I can see why you would say that. However, and I say however, put yourself in my shoes. Your right! You did ask and ethics was in the equation. So in my eyes, not preaching, but my point of view after over fifty eight years in one business (contracting) and many years in three other endeavors, was given. Now Dave, my philosophy on life and ethics, good and evil, acceptable and unacceptable is not the same as it once was. I suppose in two more years when my life rolls into the eight decade there might be an alteration here and there. One thing in common that we both have is telling it like we see it. We mean what we say and we say what we mean. That could be good or it could be bad. In any event, people are not left guessing how we see things. A good example is Scotty and me. We were looking at the same words but each had different colored glasses on.

So Dave, and Scotty also, let me stick my neck out now and ask a question. Did we gain anything useful to enrich our lives in all this or has all the banter just been crap mutating into something too strange to understand, as cassp is led to believe.

I always like to look to the positive side of things and say yes. Many views can exist side by side and be a source of value. My gosh! If everybody liked the same beauty that I do, I might not have my Ruthie today, picking on me.

And Dave, I said it before and I’ll say it again, I do like you. Maybe a little different in some respects, but not a phony. And Scotty, thanks for the words. I agree, let's move on. Come-on Dave, I'll try to write something you might like again.

Doug

#216107 - 02/08/04 06:55 PM Re: UD ... What happened last night?!?!?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Douggie....
Aw, you old softtee !
Just when I think you've gone "Grandpa" on me, you turn into my buddy again!
Truthfully, no one here (and I mean NO one) - has ever pushed me to any limit tht I couldn't handle. This place is very special to me - controversy and all.

I encourage all of you to make an effort to make some personal contact with each of the members that you can .... it really helps close any gaps that the typeface seems to generate.
Take Scott and I - on paper, we seem to rattle each other's cage a bit, but we talk on the phone every so often and I'm always glad to hear from him. I consider him a friend and collegue.
The written word is not enough to translate true emotions ...... so we all need "reminders" to keep us grounded.

I look forward to many more "energetic" discussions that make us think.
Thinking is good.
Friendship is the best.
Thinking about friends while playing music ......
I can't explain just HOW good that can be.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online