SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#215987 - 01/08/03 12:08 PM Hey Starkeeper!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Did you get that short file last night.. I would have sent it earlier in the evening, but got tied up with a few things when I got home. I didn't do anything great to it.. Just wrote something off the top of my head. I actually kind of liked that one and think it might make a good instrumental... Now to ad a few more tracks to that one...

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#215988 - 01/08/03 01:26 PM Re: Hey Starkeeper!
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Squeak,
Yes I received the file this am. Will have a good listen tonight. I had a listen with ear plugs and it's a very beautiful piece, it has a latin flavour. Lots of fast finger grace notes. Great introduction, where's the rest of the song? Waiting for the drums to kick in and the main part of the song to sear in with a quick latin rythm. Sigh!
You just wrote this song off the top of your head!! Reminds me of a comment a pianist made about a Mozart piece. On the top of the music sheet Mozart wrote what DAY he wrote the piece? DAY? Takes most musicans months to do the same. I think you and Mozart are out of my league.
Starkeeper

#215989 - 01/08/03 01:30 PM Re: Hey Starkeeper!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Starkeeper,
Geez we are always on the same page.. "Latin" is exactly what I was thinking when I recorded it, and an intro was exactly what that was... Trust me I was very tempted to go nuts on that and add some drums and soloing with a nylon or steel string... That's my biggest problem.. I'm always writing stuff off the top of my head and if I don't hit record before I start screwing around I'll often forget what I was playing later on....

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#215990 - 01/08/03 04:14 PM Re: Hey Starkeeper!
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
Pls email me also. I am interested to listen to your composition. Maybe one of the more finished ones instead of just the intro.

Thanks

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online