SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#215934 - 07/16/06 09:32 PM Re: What keyboard do YOU use while performing?
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
physical sliders are so much more easy & accurate in live playing. Yamaha needs to implement these in the future, its what the people want & need....BTW.. I'm a big navigational buff

I for one do not want mechanical (physical) sliders. So I am not one of people you say want them and need them. I don't see how pressing one button to see and access the various volumes can be considered difficult. Scott Yee is right on and I agree with his sentiment 100%.
I really find it interesting that this function gives so many cause for concern.
And YES... I have had and used mechanical sliders. I am sure some of you may think that I just don't understand...bla,bla,bla.
Adjustment of volume levels during live performance is just a button away for me. The best part of virtual sliders is...No dust in the controls HaHa

Regards,

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#215935 - 07/16/06 09:49 PM Re: What keyboard do YOU use while performing?
paracelcus Offline

Loc: lexington, ky, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I really liked the Yorkville 300k..I used one for 3 or 4 years..I did put castors on it though..

hah, yeah. i put casters on mine pretty fast. it doubles as an amp and a moving-palette for the rest of my stuff.

#215936 - 07/16/06 10:03 PM Re: What keyboard do YOU use while performing?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Scott that slider system with up/down buttons is terrible.you shouldn't even call them sliders.

Huh!? I don't believe I ever called them that. You're gonna need to point out where I called Tyros2's "volume adjustment control" feature: "Sliders".

Though I initially hoped for physical sliders (on my Tyros1), after a quick initial adjustment, I (like Dennis Almond: TwoNuts), find Yamaha's volume toggle buttons, in conjunction with Tyros' Color display screen, functions very well, especially with the Tyros2's impressively large COLOR display screen, which makes viewing & on the fly vol level part adjustment simple & convenient.

Fran, perhaps its because your G1000's display screen is smaller, monochrome only, & not tilt adjustable, that you're so unable to appreciate Yamaha's toggle button + LCD display part volume adjustment approach. It's obvious that you and I approach arranger keyboard music making VERY differently (you prefer commercial midi file play along, I prefer live arranger mode; you prefer your Roland G1000, and I my Yamaha Tyros2) so let's respect our differences, and live and let live.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 07-16-2006).]

#215937 - 07/16/06 10:08 PM Re: What keyboard do YOU use while performing?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Miden.....

Thanx so much for the detailed review.....I myself was a big KORG fan years ago also from my first "Korg Personal" arranger KB
http://www.keyboardmuseum.org/ar/k/korg/s/sas20.html

to the M1/i3/i30/Pa80/Pa60

I always like the live sound of KORG units....what turned me off mostly was the navigation & access to SMF/ folders & the extra steps to do so in live play....I haven't played a pa1x yet but its on my list when I get the chance...being a singer also ....& being a weak link on my T2 which I hope they improve the vocalize on future models like your Korg & also the G70....the "fill break" was a concern on the PA models how is it on your unit?
Again thank you....how about a Mp3 song when you get a chance using the Pa1x?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-16-2006).]

it has the "songbook" function which is exactly that...it stores pointers to all the resources required for the song, be it the midi file,MP3 file, style, all the single touch settings, pad settings vocaliser settings, lyrics, midi file song pointers etc etc etc and recalls them all within about 1/2 second ready for play...in the actual song mode, to selct a single midi is a simple as just pressing select, and the folder the file is in..thats it...you can even set up your own custom lists, which is handy for sets(as many as you like)...and with the dual sequencer you can play 2 midis at the same time, or even a midi+MP3, or crossfade between them....according to my contact at yamaha australia, the vocaliser on the T2 is exactly the same board as on the psr3000 and it wasn't very good so i know what you mean about it on your T2....as to fill breaks..yeah they are a bit of an issue with me, particularly with the endings, which do not seem to have any AI when it comes to what variation you are ending from...the best i found at the fills/endings was the genesys XP , more realistic (read more like a real band) and less "showy"...i reckon korg have a way to go in having decent endings...the user does have to tweak some of the fills and endings, but i think thats the case with most of these boards.....as for an mp3, we are just about to record a demo CD, so yeah,i can post some MP3's when they're done...i could post some instrumental mp3's with various styles if you like as well.....

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 07-16-2006).]

#215938 - 07/16/06 10:13 PM Re: What keyboard do YOU use while performing?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
as to the sliders issue mentioned by others, no worries on the PA it has both...physical sliders AND touch screen sliders....

#215939 - 07/17/06 12:08 AM Re: What keyboard do YOU use while performing?
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
10 sliders on the Tyros 3, 9 for the drawbars and one for the volume.
Isnt it possible to control the "physical" sliders with a extern controler thru Midi ??

Impuls.

#215940 - 07/17/06 12:10 AM Re: What keyboard do YOU use while performing?
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
To DNJ and Scott, keep it nice on this forum,
Please ,

Best regards
Impuls.

[This message has been edited by Impuls (edited 07-17-2006).]

#215941 - 07/17/06 06:13 AM Re: What keyboard do YOU use while performing?
Dnj Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Impuls:
[B]To DNJ and Scott, keep it nice on this forum,
Please ,

Best regards
Impuls.

impuls no need to play forum police....Scott & I are friends even tough it appears we differ on may issues....Scott is a dedicated Yammy pro T2 man...I'm a non dedicated T2 pro player who will use whatever works...we both make a living performing in such different ways & with over 15000 posts between us we're like an old married couple ....try to read between the lines & feel the love!!

#215942 - 07/17/06 06:18 AM Re: What keyboard do YOU use while performing?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
[B] it has the "songbook" function which is exactly that...it stores pointers to all the resources required for the song, be it the midi file,MP3 file, style, all the single touch settings, pad settings vocaliser settings, lyrics, midi file song pointers etc etc etc and recalls them all within about 1/2 second ready for play...in the actual song mode, to selct a single midi is a simple as just pressing select, and the folder the file is in..thats it...you can even set up your own custom lists, which is handy for sets(as many as you like)...and with the dual sequencer you can play 2 midis at the same time, or even a midi+MP3, or crossfade between them....according to my contact at yamaha australia, the vocaliser on the T2 is exactly the same board as on the psr3000 and it wasn't very good so i know what you mean about it on your T2....as to fill breaks..yeah they are a bit of an issue with me, particularly with the endings, which do not seem to have any AI when it comes to what variation you are ending from...the best i found at the fills/endings was the genesys XP , more realistic (read more like a real band) and less "showy"...i reckon korg have a way to go in having decent endings...the user does have to tweak some of the fills and endings, but i think thats the case with most of these boards.....as for an mp3, we are just about to record a demo CD, so yeah,i can post some MP3's when they're done...i could post some instrumental mp3's with various styles if you like as well.....
B]

It still amazes me that they dont address the fill issue especially when the Pa1x was introduced...otherwise Korg is right on top of the game in so many way although different then the other big three...looking forward to your songs for sure....& once again thank you for your thoughts......stay well!

#215943 - 07/17/06 06:51 AM Re: What keyboard do YOU use while performing?
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
DNJ puts with over 15000 posts between us we're like an old married couple ....try to read between the lines & feel the love!!

You and Scott can't be like an old married couple m8, you'd have to get a divorce from Fran first just kiddin' take care

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online