SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#215894 - 07/14/06 08:20 AM Re: What keyboard do YOU use while performing?
Dnj Offline

Mike how much do your PA speakers weigh?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-14-2006).]

#215895 - 07/14/06 08:29 AM Re: What keyboard do YOU use while performing?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Ryan: My live performance keyboard setup includes the Tyros2 with one, or a COMBINATION OF, the following PA setups:

1) TRS-MS02 Subwoofer + Bose 161's
2) Motion Sound KP100S
3) Electro Voice SxA100's

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
T2+ Laptop + 1 or 2 Mackie SRM450's.....
In & Out

Donny: Are you not experiencing stereo phase cancellation problems when utilizing ONE mackie speaker alone?

Scott

#215896 - 07/14/06 08:45 AM Re: What keyboard do YOU use while performing?
Dnj Offline

Hi Ryan: My live performance keyboard setup includes the Tyros2 with one, or a COMBINATION OF, the following PA setups:

1) TRS-MS02 Subwoofer + Bose 161's
2) Motion Sound KP100S
3) Electro Voice SxA100's

Quote:
T2+ Laptop + 1 or 2 Mackie SRM450's.....
In & Out

Donny: Are you not experiencing stereo phase cancellation problems when utilizing ONE mackie speaker alone?

Scott

Scott, although I have used all the sound systems you listed without personal happiness for my needs & had to briskly sell them ....but I hope you are enjoying them......& yes using one speaker phase cancellation mostly on theT2 Live Grand still exists....I have to tweak & use a few hookup "Y" plug L/R workarounds to make it sound decent for now but that's what pros do .
Seriously, my next intervention will be with the Roland E-80 when it comes out, its the only new offering that stirs my juices right now... ...we'll see at that time what it sounds & navigates like to qualify for a serious contender for "MY" needs!,

l8tr,
I'm off to my first gig of the day!

#215897 - 07/14/06 09:55 AM Re: What keyboard do YOU use while performing?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Scott altough I have used all the sound systems you listed with out happiness for my needs & had to briskly sell them....I hope you are enjoying them.

My mix/match PA setups offers me the FLEXIBILITY of not having to haul around a 50 lb x 2 PA system for even the smallest jobs. I reserve the big guns for the larger venues, saving valuable transport time & effort.

On the other hand Donny, with 'your' back to back 2-3+ gig a day schedule , I'm sure you must be getting really buffed now, and saving money to boot, not having to fork out bucks on a gym membership.

Quote:

with one speaker phase cancellation on theT2 Live Grand still exists

I certainly could never put up with that!

Scott

#215898 - 07/14/06 10:17 AM Re: What keyboard do YOU use while performing?
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
2-3 gigs a day crikey he'll be retiring in a few months with all that money made, along with his T2, G70, E80, T3, Korg PA super deluxe edition.......... lmao
Those poor roadies will be out of work

#215899 - 07/14/06 12:02 PM Re: What keyboard do YOU use while performing?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I certainly could never put up with that!

Scott

Scott please stop showing off your frailty to the masses its embarrassing your starting to sound like your parrot .....
the weight is no issue with me .....
I use what sounds good to my ears....the 3pc Bose 161 w/ T2 sub is OK but not enough power period for me.......Motion 100 is the WORST KB amp I ever used ....Ev's sound nice but not enough Balls..(can I say that? )...just A/B them with the Mackie SRM 450's
if you enjoy them ..that's fine too. I'm glad its NOT me.
As for my gigs ....
Again Scott, sorry I dont discuss financial business on the web...
nuff said....

carry on

#215900 - 07/14/06 12:15 PM Re: What keyboard do YOU use while performing?
Craig_UK Offline

DNJ do they have internet connection where you gig as you are always on Skype?
I bet with all the carrying of the equipment you've got muscles like the HULK, just need some green body paint for you now lol
You could use the left overs to paint the T2 where it's come off hehe

[This message has been edited by Craig_UK (edited 07-14-2006).]

#215901 - 07/14/06 12:50 PM Re: What keyboard do YOU use while performing?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
DNJ do they have internet connection where you gig as you are always on Skype?

M8......even when Im performing my PC is NEVER turned off....just because status shows on it means nothing,.... just leave a message

#215902 - 07/14/06 12:55 PM Re: What keyboard do YOU use while performing?
Craig_UK Offline

DNJ your status shows you as invisible but you keep signing in and out on there so I thought you had a gig at an internet cafe

#215903 - 07/14/06 01:17 PM Re: What keyboard do YOU use while performing?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Ryan,

This summer I have been quite busy playing out.. much more often than I am accustomed to, and I'm pretty happy doing it. In most cases I still use my PA80 in combination with my laptop and a host of softsynths for lead voices. I like the Korg styles, along with about 60 converted Yamaha styles that sound good on the PA80, but I don't care for many of the lead voices. The PA80 does do decent organ, sax and synth based sounds though. The softsynth sounds I have are incredible, and I preload up about 30 of the best inside Xlutop chainer, so they work as presets for me.

Sometimes, as space permits, I also bring along my Motif ES. It has more than enough good lead voices on it, so that I can pay less attention to the laptop when performing.

When I don't need to rely so much on style play, I'll either bring the Motif ES alone, or the MZ2000 instead. The MZ's styles are perhaps it's weak point, but some, including a few converted ones, are good enough, and I like most of the lead voices better than those on the PA80.

I use a Behringer UB1204fx mixer, and for a PA I play through a modiifed Logitech z2300 system.. modified in that the two satellites were replaced by a pair of 10 inch Kustom speakers. Usually it's plenty loud enough, and it sounds pretty decent to boot. For bigger jobs, I am looking for a pair of powered speakers or KB amps to replace my Peavey PA system, which is ancient at this point.

AJ

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online