I was transferring all of the changes I made to the USER memory of one of my PSR2000s to the other one including registrations, USER styles, and a USER voice - an organ voice that I created that I thought sounded cool. Now everyone knows that with the early PSR2000s at least, USER voices when they are recalled via OTS or registration memory don't appear as the name they were created under but as the name of the voice they were created from. For example, any Organ Flute voice you have custom made will appear as Jazz Organ. Any variaton on a pedal steel voice will appear as Pedal Steel.

When I was loading all of this stuff into the other keyboard, I forgot to load the USER organ flute voice I had created. But when I recalled a registration that used that voice, I found that while the name Jazz Organ appeared, when I played the keys, I heard the sound of the custom voice I had created - even though the custom voice didn't exist in the USER memory!

Perhaps this would mean that you can create a custom voice. Then after you use this voice in an OTS or registration you can delete it from the very scant USER memory that the PSR2000 has. The PSR2000 will still recall the voice that you have created when this voice is recalled.

If this is consistently the case, we don't have to worry about taking up space with USER voices. This is good.

Larry