SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#215799 - 04/09/02 01:24 PM PSR2000-Perfidia...another take
BruceM Offline

Loc: New Bern, N.C., USA
Hi,
First of all I’d like to thank everyone who has contributed PSR2000 hints and kinks on
this board. I’ve printed them all out and keep them in a notebook with the manual.
Below is a website where I have stored a couple of my early attempts (Perfidia, Dream) at playing this great keyboard. One caveat....I’m a non-professional musician and retired senior citizen who plays mostly for my own amazement.
The link is: http://home.coxnc.rr.com/milnehome/music.htm

Thanks again for all your help....Bruce

#215800 - 04/09/02 02:03 PM Re: PSR2000-Perfidia...another take
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
Hi Bruce:
You are good proof that the PSR2000 is a machine with unlimited potential. I enjoyed your renditions; the instruments are nicely selected and so are the songs.
Say, I surfed your website and saw your beautiful place. Looks like a great place to write some romatic music.
Enjoy it in good health!
Mario

#215801 - 04/09/02 02:17 PM Re: PSR2000-Perfidia...another take
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Bruce,
congratulations for your music; I liked the idea of playing Perfidia with a Big Band style (great intro by the way). I liked also your selection of instruments (strings, sax, organ, trombone, etc).
It's great that, besides talking about keyboards and their specs, we can share the music we actually make with them.
Keep up the good work!
Andrea

#215802 - 04/09/02 02:32 PM Re: PSR2000-Perfidia...another take
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Bruce,
How did you get your 2000 to sound like that , that is very good work I have (at least,for now) a 2000 did you sequence that on the board or with a computer? I realy enjoyed "Dream" the use of guitar is amazing, to be honest I don`t know how they do the demos , but you have shown that the 2000 does sound quite nice. I for one enjoy the "organ sounds" (being an old Hammond player). Are you having any trouble getting past those keys that realy hurts the 2000 (imho) BTW welcome to our family and to "our coner of the web" Thanks for the music
jedi

#215803 - 04/09/02 04:30 PM Re: PSR2000-Perfidia...another take
BruceM Offline

Loc: New Bern, N.C., USA
Hi Jedi...thanks for the kind words. I did not use any sequencer. All my music is basically "sit down at keyboard" and play it, save it, record it." I do adjust individual style volumes a bit and strive for a nice voice fit.....usually drums are too loud. Again thanks for the encouragement.

[This message has been edited by BruceM (edited 04-09-2002).]

#215804 - 04/10/02 12:17 AM Re: PSR2000-Perfidia...another take
Datablues Offline

Loc: Nuernberg, Germany
Dear Bruce...

big compliment, whow, I'm not a real expert in style generation, but I'm one in making sounds on PSR740 and now since two month on PSR2000. Believe or not your accoustic guitar in dream... is incredible...

I heared some people here on the forum saying... PSR2000 guitars are not good...
smile...
please, please, could you share your sound registrations with us, this would be really great.

Thanks from Germany and keep on going with your good work...

Datablues

Datablues

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online