SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#215375 - 02/19/04 09:13 PM Advice plz !!!
michaeldevine Offline

Loc: Bangalore,Karnataka, India
we are a duo, my wife and I; we perform lounge; I want to do away with my old PA and get a PAS; I use a Y2100 and maybe a PA50 and my wife plays guitar; we both sing and we use a digitec VPR for harmonies above our own.
1) we need a small mixer (4 ch) for the mics coz I use the send and return for the VPR thus harmonies are available on all mics; the mixer line out in stereo needs to be connected to the PA.
2)the 2 Keyboards in sterio (L and R for Y2100, and 2 or 4 outputs for PA50) need to be connected to the PA.
3) the guitar (semi acoustic) need to be connected to the PA.
Thus I need 4 channels for instruments.
4)ALso what config of PAS will be most suitable (1 bass module or 2) for lounge.I need a clear sound with balanced depth in the voice and music.
If a PAS in not advisable, what can I use that involves limited number of pieces and ease of transport.!!....(I have to lug it and set up all alone)

TKS
Michael

#215376 - 02/19/04 09:58 PM Re: Advice plz !!!
DrBill Offline

Loc: Chattanooga, TN USA
Micheal While I cannot offer much advice, I can suggest looking at the Bose.com web site....finding the PAS page and looking at the message board there. Tech guys from Bose seem to helpful about those sorts of questions good luck Bill

#215377 - 02/19/04 10:12 PM Re: Advice plz !!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The PAS will sound great, but you're wasting your time and cables running stereo for the kbs. Run it in mono like all the other items in the mixer. I also advise you to get the 2 bass bins... they add such better bottom. You GOTTA feel it. It makes people dance. You're gonna love it !

#215378 - 02/20/04 01:50 AM Re: Advice plz !!!
michaeldevine Offline

Thanks DrBill and U Dave....nothing like advice from someone who has it or has used it....
UD; what did u mean by wasting time and cables going stereo ? Sequencing is about panning your instruments and effects to achieve good dispersion; keyboards like Korg Workstations, PA series etc have 4 outputs to channel effects properly and intelligent use of this does enhance the audio (otherwise why do they give u this facility ?). Also panning using sequencing software does get affected when u run mono...then there is the serial and parallel setups of the multi-effects that direct output to different channels.....

How many channels does the PAS accept (sterio, mono, XLR)

regards
michael.

#215379 - 02/20/04 03:01 AM Re: Advice plz !!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Michael,
The only thing I meant was this:
The PAS is a mono systen with 4 channels. No matter what yoou feed it ... it will still be mono, so it would be pointless to send 2 cables to a system that will sum them together anyway. Unless you get 2 towers, you'll never get the benefit of your panning.

This is a 2 way street here ..... I love the stereo effect, but there are so many places where it is inapropriate ( actually wasted ) because of placement. You make the call - it's twice the price if you need the effect. I did it for the sheer beausty of it at larger parties. I'll use e asingle tower mostly though.

#215380 - 02/23/04 12:25 AM Re: Advice plz !!!
michaeldevine Offline

-To Uncle Dave-
Thanks UD, guess I'm too hard on the sterio topic coz I put a lot of effort in the sequencing....However what you say
"connect to a mixer and then give the mixer output to the 2 channels of the PAS" makes all the sense. In any case I have to connect the Digitech to a mixer (send / return to get harmonies for more than 1 mic).
I just wanted to know if the PAS is really that good. By the way... How about the Bose 402 extended ?... in comparision to the PAS (cost and performance )

Thanks again UD....
best regards
michael

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online