While D-Jaying[sort of] a 1st birthday party for my grandaughter[at a country club..I hope she doesn't think this will be an annual thing], I noticed a characteristic in my favorite sound system..Roland Cube 100 keyboard amps..These are the 1985 units[$800 list each], don't confuse them with the newer models...They are built to last...3 way powered speakers with 15" woofer, horn and tweeter..They have as much useable power as anything else I have used..

Now the characteristic I mentioned...at very low volumes the overall sound[without adjusting EQ, sounds a little bland, not bad, just bland...I guess this unit was designed to use in a reinforced live sound situation...My guess is at very low volumes most of the projected sound comes from the woofers[crossovers are fixed and not adjustable]...to comfirm this ,in the same room situations[lower volume], my Roland Cube60 keyboard amp sounds ideally[12" with horn]..
In past years I always liked the combination of the Cube 60 sitting on top of the Cube 100..maybe this observation is why I like the combination..

BTW, for your information,I have found the Roland 100's the best bottom of all the big guns[Barbetta, Mackie, Yorkville etc.]..they produce useable bottom, and I actually never need a sub woofer for this system..
Our Yorkville 550's[12" with horns],sound great but need the Yorkville[600 watt] subwoofer to give a great sound..

Any comments??? UD???

The 100 can be seen, lower right corner of the photo....I said the lower right corner..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 01-15-2005).]