SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#214918 - 09/01/03 08:36 AM Help.. I lost my YST50 speakers connection cable.
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I recently did a show where I used my YST50's as monitors for my Motif. When I arrived at home, I found that the cable ( with 8 pin mini din connectors )that connects from the bass speaker to the speaker with the volume controls was missing. 8 Pin mini din cables are impossible to find in these times ( unless you buy them used or from a specialty store ), but I had one left over from another "era" and tried it.. It did not work. I am not certain but my guess is that the YST50 speakers don't use a "standard" 8 pin mini din cable connection. In other words, the wiring is probably different. Assuming I did not damage the system by installing the "wrong" cable, I need a Yamahaq style cable for it. Who do I contact ?

One lesson I learned for sure.. I'll never purchase a product again that uses unique or "outdated" cable schemes.

AJ

#214919 - 09/01/03 08:46 AM Re: Help.. I lost my YST50 speakers connection cable.
Dnj Offline

Im sure you can get that from Yamaha service.....and always buy [Two] of everything!!! Especially if your a pro.....
http://yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/ContentDetail/Text_WithCatMenu_SC/0,6381,CTID%253D410095%2526CNTYP%253DPRODUCT%2526VNM%253DLIVE%2526AFLG%253DY,00.html#opt3

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-01-2003).]

#214920 - 09/14/03 06:05 AM Re: Help.. I lost my YST50 speakers connection cable.
Bluezplayer Offline

Almost 2 weeks and still NO response from Yamaha. I made the calls, was transferred from place to place, sat on hold, and ultimately was given the same email address on the phone as Donny posted above. I used it and a couple of other email addy's from their site. Not even one reply.. I guess another day of sitting on hold for an hour or more is coming...

The speakers are great, but as is the case with everything else Yamaha does, they use "outdated" stuff ( try to find mini-din connectors today at your local parts store or those Simms they used for expanding the Ram memory on your Motif or K pro ).

Another case of great product, lousy service. I wish anyone, I mean anyone, made the Motif ES other than Yamaha. I'm ticked enough right now not to buy it anyway...

AJ

#214921 - 09/14/03 06:15 AM Re: Help.. I lost my YST50 speakers connection cable.
Dnj Offline

are you saying you couldn't get thru to service to order the part [wire]?

#214922 - 09/14/03 06:23 AM Re: Help.. I lost my YST50 speakers connection cable.
Bluezplayer Offline

Service.. After what seemed to be close to an hour on the phone... and still at square one.. with the "let me transfer you to this dept, we don't handle that ", " please hold ", "what part is that again.. what system is it for .. ?? ( from several different "reps" )and of course " why don't you email this address " ( the same one you posted here ).

I don't even call that service...

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 09-14-2003).]

#214923 - 09/14/03 06:27 AM Re: Help.. I lost my YST50 speakers connection cable.
Dnj Offline

Hmmmmm.......I never had that experience with Yamaha parts and I have ordered many things for all my KB's thru the years. Another alternative is to buy the plug from a electronics warehouse and make the cable yourself.

#214924 - 09/14/03 06:32 AM Re: Help.. I lost my YST50 speakers connection cable.
Bluezplayer Offline

If I can find a schematic for the wiring of plug, that would work. The problem being that I found a standard 8 pin mini din plug connector but.. it isn't wired the same. I may have already blown the damned things up by attaching it. Having worked on and even built radios and related gear from scratch, the telltale signs that it was wrong were pretty obvious.. that "spark" when I plugged it in for example... ( LOL )

I've never NOT had this kind of experience with Yamaha service / parts.. Who do you know Donny ? .lol. I think the key thing you said though was "keyboards". I think "pro / computer " audio is a seperate dept ( at least that's the impression Yamaha reps gave me )
The last time I needed a part ( for my PSR 740 ), I waited almost 3 months for Yamaha Japan to ship one to the US so the tech could install it. It turned out to be a bad potentiometer, that had I known I could have bought at Radio Shack for a couple bucks and installed myself...

Then there was the "irreparable" PSR2000. Three months and all the Yamaha tech could tell me was that my 2k was definitely faulty and he still couldn't get the parts needed.. sigh

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 09-14-2003).]

#214925 - 09/14/03 06:53 AM Re: Help.. I lost my YST50 speakers connection cable.
Dnj Offline

Pan-International makes the 8 pin mini cable 2464 E87647
http://www.panintl.com/eindex.htm

you can order it from them direct

good luck

#214926 - 09/14/03 07:18 AM Re: Help.. I lost my YST50 speakers connection cable.
Bluezplayer Offline

Thakns again Donny. I'll give it a shot..

AJ

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online