SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#214883 - 08/18/05 11:22 AM Purchasing a Used Keyboard
RonG Offline

Loc: Hudson, Florida, USA
I am in the process of purchasing a used KB and have received many great buy offers from this website. Could anyone tell me if there is a list of questionable seller that should be avoided at all costs on this website.

Thanks,

Ron

#214884 - 08/18/05 12:52 PM Re: Purchasing a Used Keyboard
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Do you mean questionable as in Uncle Dave,DNJ,DonM, Travel easy[Gary]....just kidding..on Ebay check the feedback..when they have at least 30 positives and 100%..it is a safe bet to deal with them..

#214885 - 08/19/05 08:30 PM Re: Purchasing a Used Keyboard
RonG Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Do you mean questionable as in Uncle Dave,DNJ,DonM, Travel easy[Gary]....just kidding..on Ebay check the feedback..when they have at least 30 positives and 100%..it is a safe bet to deal with them..

Thanks Fran,

However, I was hoping that Synthzone would have their own list.

Ron

#214886 - 08/19/05 08:46 PM Re: Purchasing a Used Keyboard
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I've never heard of anyone on this forum not paying or delivering as promised. I have made at least a dozen deals with no problems, including DNJ, Uncle Dave, DanO, Tom C., Squeak, Gary D., Frankieve, Fran, Tony Rome, AJ, HankB and SemiLive of course, and more.
DonM

#214887 - 08/20/05 02:13 AM Re: Purchasing a Used Keyboard
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I've never heard of anyone on this forum not paying or delivering as promised. I have made at least a dozen deals with no problems, including DNJ, Uncle Dave, DanO, Tom C., Squeak, Gary D., Frankieve, Fran, Tony Rome, AJ, HankB and SemiLive of course, and more.
DonM

I found that checking the profile of the person selling on this forum adds to your safty. Someone who has posted 200 times is not a starnger. And I agree with Dom, I have purchased 4 keyboards, sold three with members on this forum, and made friends in the process.

John C.

#214888 - 08/20/05 04:04 AM Re: Purchasing a Used Keyboard
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
I think ron has done a wise thing putting up this post,yes we do have a very reliable source of buying or selling from good people on this site,also if you do a search on this site for (EBAY) you will find a lot of comments,from our members who have been stung from ebay, also what to look for so you don,t get stung from unscrupulous people,quite often when there is a con going on from ebay the members on this site WARN you of it.

#214889 - 08/20/05 05:15 AM Re: Purchasing a Used Keyboard
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I agree, long time members with more than a few posts should be safe.
I haven't seen a list here but I don't think a dishonest person would take the time and energy to get known and stick around.

#214890 - 08/20/05 06:58 AM Re: Purchasing a Used Keyboard
RonG Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by nardoni2002:
I think ron has done a wise thing putting up this post,yes we do have a very reliable source of buying or selling from good people on this site,also if you do a search on this site for (EBAY) you will find a lot of comments,from our members who have been stung from ebay, also what to look for so you don,t get stung from unscrupulous people,quite often when there is a con going on from ebay the members on this site WARN you of it.

I want to thank all that responded to this message. It gives me additional confidence in dealing with members of Synthzone. I have dealt with several well-known members and never been disappointed.

Ron

#214891 - 08/20/05 02:46 PM Re: Purchasing a Used Keyboard
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hi Ron,

If your making a purchase on eBay, you can judge a sellers integrity by the feedback they receive .

------------------
Ketron, Yamaha, Casio,Roland arranger keyboards.
http://www.keyboardcity.net

1-866-348-8876

#214892 - 08/20/05 03:47 PM Re: Purchasing a Used Keyboard
RonG Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
Hi Ron,

If your making a purchase on eBay, you can judge a sellers integrity by the feedback they receive .

Hi Dan,

Yes, when I purchase anything from eBay I always check their feedback. However, I was addressing purchasing from SynthZone Members. I wish SynthZone had some sort of a feedback similiar to eBay. Thanks for your response and I miss being back in Maryland among my old friends.

Stay tuned,

Ron

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online