SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#214347 - 11/24/05 10:14 AM Need opinions from both Roland G-70 and Korg PA1XPro owners!
Christian_1 Offline

Hi all,
I am choocing between the Korg PA1XPro and the Roland G-70. But, as a visually impaired person I need to get opinions from both owners which might be the easiest one to operate. Both instruments uses the touch screen for most functions, but the G-70 looks easier to operate since it has got more buttons and the sliders for the drawbars.
This might be a dificult question for you to answer, but I hope that some of you are willing to help!
I have been in touch with several G-70 owners, but if I see some comments side by side it might be easier to decide! But for now, it looks like it is the G-70! Many thanks!

#214348 - 11/24/05 10:17 AM Re: Need opinions from both Roland G-70 and Korg PA1XPro owners!
Christian_1 Offline

Forgot to ask about upgrading the operating system of the instruments. Which one is easiest to upgrade and requires less interaction with the touch screen?

#214349 - 11/25/05 04:32 AM Re: Need opinions from both Roland G-70 and Korg PA1XPro owners!
o3bor Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Christian_1:
Forgot to ask about upgrading the operating system of the instruments. Which one is easiest to upgrade and requires less interaction with the touch screen?

No interaction with the touch screen is needed if you upgrade G-70 via PCMCIA card.

#214350 - 11/25/05 07:56 AM Re: Need opinions from both Roland G-70 and Korg PA1XPro owners!
Christian_1 Offline

Hi,
Sounds good, but if I don't have a card reader, can I just connect the G-70 through USB copy the files into it and restart or something like that.
If someone would make some user programs for me, can they just be copied into the internal memory and be ready to use? many thanks!

#214351 - 11/25/05 08:30 AM Re: Need opinions from both Roland G-70 and Korg PA1XPro owners!
o3bor Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Christian_1:

Sounds good, but if I don't have a card reader, can I just connect the G-70 through USB copy the files into it and restart or something like that.
If someone would make some user programs for me, can they just be copied into the internal memory and be ready to use? many thanks!

The answer is YES for both questions.

#214352 - 11/25/05 08:38 AM Re: Need opinions from both Roland G-70 and Korg PA1XPro owners!
Christian_1 Offline

Sounds also good. However, I am thinking about some way to access the vocal harmonizer then. How are all effects placed? Can any of them be adjusted with a button press?

#214353 - 11/25/05 09:51 AM Re: Need opinions from both Roland G-70 and Korg PA1XPro owners!
Booby Offline

Hi,

> Both instruments uses the touch screen for most functions, but the G-70 looks easier to operate since it has got more buttons and the sliders for the drawbars.

even Pa1X has a lot of buttons and the assignment of slider to drawbars. I cannot see the point on this to consider G70 easier.

Talking about voice treatement Pa1X has a full TC Helicon VoiceWork inside (completely programmable and assignable to slider and switch for some functions) with TC reverb, eq, 4 voices harmonizer, doubling. Optional are Pitch Correction and Voice Modeling.
The brand TC is a guarantee itself , but if you use it you will love it, no question.

Hope this help.

Cheers.

#214354 - 11/25/05 10:23 AM Re: Need opinions from both Roland G-70 and Korg PA1XPro owners!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Booby, I agree TC electronics is a great company with products that lead the way..Helicon being one..
I also am confident that Roland's harmonizer is pretty good, although I have never tried the G70 personally, there have been good feedback from users..
I have used the early models that had Roland's harmonizer and thought they were decent[E-600 and DisCover 5]..

I am totally amazed by accomplishments of musicians that are visually impaired..

Several years ago I tutored a musician friend on the Roland G800..
I have tried to tutor people with 20/20 vision, and they could not grasp the dept of the G800..

My blind friend would record our sessions, making notes of default pages and clicks to the page they needed to edit, also making notes of edit buttons and knobs. He set up Braille marks on all the buttons and knobs[If I recall there was close to 90 different buttons and knobs..

To make a short story, he mastered the G800.
What he lost in sight he surpassed the normal in hearing...And did I add, he is the top three players I ever heard.

My point being ,if you are like my friend, I would not be surprised if you mastered either model...Go with the one, your ears tell you ....that it sounds the best...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online