SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#214066 - 09/03/02 06:04 PM Using the wha effect on the Sd1 .
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I do not know how many have invested in the volumne pedal for their SD1 . But let me tell ya ..............THE WHA WHA EFFECT IS another very effective tool .

Try using the the ANDES FLUTE with portamento , aftertouch and the WHA WHA effect going ........it's a really , really cool effect ! same with using the different science-FX with wha wha ...........totally , totally FUN stuff .

I can not think of another keyboard that allows you to assign wha,wha to the volumne pedal . GREAT STUFF !
Think about it ........aftertouch , protamento and wha effect al at once !

try the carlos lead guitar with wha wha ..........it's excellent and will bring a smile to your face ! diggin deeper on my SD1 .......more to come .........

dano

#214067 - 09/04/02 05:48 AM Re: Using the wha effect on the Sd1 .
Luka Offline

Loc: Slovenia
Dan,
it's great you share your knowledge with us! I,m going to test this wha-wha on guitars right away.
Luka

#214068 - 09/04/02 09:18 AM Re: Using the wha effect on the Sd1 .
eyrec Offline

Loc: UK
The first things I purchased with my SD1 about a year ago were a volume pedal and sustain pedal. I have many voices assigned to wah wah etc. and the electric/distortion guitars sound wonderful. You can setup all sorts of effects that add more realism to the already great sounds in this keyboard.

#214069 - 09/04/02 10:07 AM Re: Using the wha effect on the Sd1 .
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I am just starting to go further with the assignment of the wha effect . I am having a really fun time right now and I have had the SD1 for over a year .

The "wah" assignment came as a surprise when I was demonstrating the SD1 for the 1st time at Winter NAMM 2001 . I was playing a Santana tune and Sandro Fontinella walks up and shows me the "wha" effect assignment .

What a blast ! Than I found out it was on the X1 as well . I even created a video manual for the X1 and did not point this out .

Just goes to show that you can't know everything .

How are you guys doing with .Wav sync ?

Have you tried to sing a harmonized part and sample it ? It's cool .

What about morphing in the programs ?
Try Morphing and the "wha" effect .

dano

#214070 - 09/04/02 09:20 PM Re: Using the wha effect on the Sd1 .
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
And I remember hearing Dan do his Santana wah at the Winter NAMM show and was really blown out by how convincing Dan made the solo guitar sound. And I am a guitar player myself and use a wah pedal in some songs, so I do know what it should sound like. This really is a great feature on a keyboard but the SD-1 is about the only one I've heard do this.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online