SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#213657 - 05/18/06 05:40 PM TO: Dreamer (Andrea)
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
We (me, my wife, Sister-in-law-and brother-in-law) will be arriving at the airport in Roma on giovedi, il venti cinque di maggio ... We will be staying at the Crown Plaza St. Peter ... We wil have some time before meeting our tour group at 6:00 PM ... any chance I might get to meet you???
t.

#213658 - 05/18/06 07:26 PM Re: TO: Dreamer (Andrea)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Tony, I hope you and Andrea really do get the chance to meet up in Rome. I really enjoyed the philosophical discussions on life & music, playing music together & just hanging out together, during the several weeks Andrea stayed in the Bay Area (California) 3 years ago. Thanks to Skype telephone chat & webcam, we continue to maintain our mutual musician friendship to this day.

Tony: wishing you and your wife a terrific holiday in Italy. Please take lots of pics and share them with us. Bon Voyage. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 05-18-2006).]

#213659 - 05/18/06 07:46 PM Re: TO: Dreamer (Andrea)
tony mads usa Offline

Scott ... thank you ... We are really looking forward to it ...
Pics ?!?!? ... there may not be a site large enough to hold 'em ... ... I have about 1 gig worth of memory cards for the digital and I am going to pick up a 1 gig card just for short videos ... I am also thinking of taking my Nikon 35mm SLR .. I think photos come a lot 'warmer' on film ...
I really hope we get to meet Andrea ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 05-18-2006).]

#213660 - 05/18/06 09:07 PM Re: TO: Dreamer (Andrea)
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Tony,
I know well the hotel and could get there before 6 p.m. I wonder... how can I get in touch with you as soon as you arrive in Rome? When will you plane arrive?

#213661 - 05/18/06 11:55 PM Re: TO: Dreamer (Andrea)
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Tony:

Have a great trip!

#213662 - 05/19/06 06:47 AM Re: TO: Dreamer (Andrea)
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Tony,
I know well the hotel and could get there before 6 p.m. I wonder... how can I get in touch with you as soon as you arrive in Rome? When will you plane arrive?

Andrea ... The plane is supposed to arrive at Fiumicino at 11:20 AM ... I have a company issued Blackberry that is supposed to work in Italy (our cell phones will not) ... if you send me a private e-mail I can give you the number ... or send me a private e-mail as to how I can contact you ... looking forward to it ...
... also any info you can give on restaurants in some of the cities - Assisi, Florence, Milan, Sorrento .. I will check the itinery later to see which cities we will NOT be getting dinner with the tour ...
... And we will be 'on our own' in Agregento and Taormina in Sicily...
Grazie,
Antonio
t.

PS: I am now NOT certain the BlackBerry will work in Italy ... Since we are not an international company we might not be paying for the extended service... I should know by Monday ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 05-19-2006).]

#213663 - 05/19/06 09:21 PM Re: TO: Dreamer (Andrea)
Dreamer Offline

Tony,
I am currently in Milan for a convention; I will go back home today in the afternoon and will email you.
I think that I will be able to be at your hotel Thursday around 16:30-17:00, so you will have time to rest after you arrive and we will have about one hour to talk, before you have to join your group.
I will give you also my cell phone number, in case you need to contact me even later (when you will be travelling in Italy).
Wow, seems like you are going to see a lot of places...

#213664 - 05/20/06 08:40 AM Re: TO: Dreamer (Andrea)
Dreamer Offline

Tony,
you have mail...

#213665 - 05/20/06 08:50 AM Re: TO: Dreamer (Andrea)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Tony, do you have room in your suitcase to squeeze me in?

Scott

#213666 - 05/20/06 09:01 AM Re: TO: Dreamer (Andrea)
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Tony,
I sure do hope you get to spend time with Dreamer and hear him play. He is such a great fellow and musician. You will surely enjoy his company as we did when Scott Yee brought him to our house a couple of years ago for a jam session.
Have a great trip,
Bebop

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online