SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#213591 - 01/15/02 05:04 PM Not being able to use DSP in style recording is quite annoying!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
This is one thing I really dislike about the style sequencer on the PSR's.... The drums alone have so much potential, but not being able to use the DSP on the drum tracks really makes them quite dry. Sure you have your basic reverb and chorus settings, but these really don't cut it... I noticed that when you select a drum set and turn on the DSP for that voice the default setting is "EQDisco", and man that alone really adds life to the set... It would be really nice if the DSP could be used for the drum tracks when recording styles. I think it would really bring them out much more. The only way to do it is by manually recording a drum track on the sequencer and applying the DSP to that track, but we all know how annoying it is to peck out a drum beat on the keys for the entire length of the song.....

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#213592 - 01/15/02 11:03 PM Re: Not being able to use DSP in style recording is quite annoying!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Effects are gennerally NOT present during the recording process. It is better to apply them later, so you have the benefit of adding just the right ammount to the entire mix. It's tricky to determine how a comeplete arrangement will sound until it's finished, so it's best to wait until the end before you add effects. That's quite normal .

#213593 - 01/16/02 06:40 PM Re: Not being able to use DSP in style recording is quite annoying!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Uncle Dave,
I completely understand how to add effects at the end in the final mix.. When I do my recording I turn the "voice set" off... I don't see how you can set a DSP effect to the drum tracks that were recorded under they style sequencer..... This is what puzzles me. That's why I use XG works for making drum tracks... The program allows so much more than what the 550's sequencer offers... Actaully this is one thing I miss about the Casio MZ-2000.. Granted it was no Yamaha, but Damn! It had a really nice song and style sequencer. None of the PSR models below from the 740 down had the sequencing power of the MZ......

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#213594 - 01/16/02 09:42 PM Re: Not being able to use DSP in style recording is quite annoying!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Gotcha....I don't do any recording with my 2000, so I can't comment on that end of it.
I did 5 gigs between yesterday & today though, and it was a pleasure just pulling ONE case, on it's OWN wheels in and out of the venues. It's working out very well for my smaller rooms.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online