SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#213402 - 01/31/01 10:14 PM MZ2000 additional styles and conversions to and from PSR styles.
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I have discovered that I can use all of the Yamaha PSR styles and styles converted for the PSR on the MZ2000. I simply convert the
.sty files into a format 0 midi file via
my sequencing software, load these files into the MZ2000 via disk, and then use the Mz's internal sequencer's song to pattern function to recreate the styles as Casio style files. Some of the 740 styles sound good in the MZ. As my time allows, I hope to convert many and then post them to a website, much like the Yamaha egroups site. In addition I would like to be able to model my site after the outstanding 740 site of Jorgen Sorenson... but I'm not that great a web page builder so I don't expect my site to be as comprehensive. I also sent a few Casio styles to Bob Gelman for the Yamaha PSR egroups style site as well, and he is going to try to have the casio styles converted to Yamaha styles. If it works well I will send all of the MZ-2000 styles to him so that they can post a Casio to PSR .sty file on their site.
Al M

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 01-31-2001).]

#213403 - 02/01/01 10:28 AM Re: MZ2000 additional styles and conversions to and from PSR styles.
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Thank you Bluezplayer & Bob! I am anxious to find out if any of the style geniuses can make the conversion from Casio to Yamaha. Then of course, conversion to other brands would be easy! Let us know how it goes.
Tom

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online