SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#213358 - 11/04/04 04:47 PM BOSE PA system
Shakil Offline

Have you guys seen this? Anyone using it?
http://www.bose.com/musicians/index.jsp

#213359 - 11/04/04 06:14 PM Re: BOSE PA system
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Calling Uncle Dave--Calling Uncle Dave...

UD has been using the system for quite some time now, and I've heard it--it sounds incredible.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#213360 - 11/04/04 07:43 PM Re: BOSE PA system
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
If you do a search, you'll find it's been discussed on the forum. Great sounding system.

#213361 - 11/04/04 09:13 PM Re: BOSE PA system
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
$2,000 per speaker. I auditioned the Bose PAS(both on a gig & in a studio environment), and when used in conjunction with my Yamaha Tyros keyboard playing a stereo sampled instrument, was UNDER impressed. Then again, Uncle Dave utilizes it and claims it sounds terrific with his Yamaha PSR3000, so I suppose it's: different strokes (ears) for different folks. The only way the Bose would work for me is if I had TWO, but that would cost: $4,000. - Scott

#213362 - 11/04/04 09:37 PM Re: BOSE PA system
Organizer Offline

Loc: Maplewood, NJ, USA
As an owner of a small Performer's Cafe in NJ. after hearing the Bose PAS system, I was so impressed that I just had to purchase and install the Bose PAS as the only PA system to be used as the only PA to be used in the cafe. The unique aspect to the cafe is, that as a performer for 40+ years, having worked in literally hundreds of nightclubs throughout the country (most of us have had to put up with a single electric outlet always the one attached to the refrigerator) and in most cases only a single lamp over our heads, I have been able to equip the cafe with permanent house equipment which includes Bass, Guitar and Keyboard amps, PA system and Mics a variety of instruments including guitars, keyboards and a decent drum set as well as a variety of effects boxes, recording, DJ as Karaoke equipment. The idea is that musicians as well a stand-up comedians, poetry and stage play performers can feel comfortable working in a room that has built by a musician for musicians.

Now on to the reason for this post. Ok the good news is that I don't have to set up and break down every night, as mentioned above the equipment is permanently installed. I have all of my keyboards and guitars going through either 2 or three separate amps and only vocals are going through the Bose PAS. Now that's almost true....any single guitar player has his/her mic acoustic or direct connect acoustic/electric guitar going through the Bose PAS. When there is a group and just had an eight piece New Orleans 8 piece play at the cafe.

The room seats 50 and can comfortablly handle approximate 15 more standing. Every group that has played in the room from Acoustic folk/easy listening to Django Reinhardt, to Jazz to Dixeland to Southern Rock has come back (with only their instruments) and each has commented as to how good the sound and monitoring is.

If you are interested in seeing the room, check out our webcam, our website and/or our cafe.

Art www.heres2thearts.com

#213363 - 11/05/04 12:04 AM Re: BOSE PA system
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Art's a smart man. Listen to him !

The Bose is not for everyone, but it has never failed to please in every venue I use it in. It's a different concept in sound reproduction, and you need to alter your thinking to get the full effect of just HOW good it makes you sound. You need to embrace this new technology before you can get the full benefit.
The controversy with stereo vs. mono is not as clear cut as it sounds because most conventional stereo systems cannot fill a room as well as just one mono Bose tower can. You get an added fullnes with a stereo system because of the motion and panning, but the displacement is not as efficient as the Bose, so you have areas of the room that hear the signal differently.
The Bose spreads a uniform, balanced, hi-fi sound to EVERY corner of the room, and even into surrrounding rooms with unbelievable ease and clarity.

The Yamaha acoustic grand piano sample sounds (slightly)better in stereo, but that's just about the only sound that I hear a real difference in. I tweaked my sound to work better and I really like the result. The bass, drums, vocals etc. are all so much better sounding through this system. They are natural and crisp, and carry through the room like nothing else.

Do I miss stereo? Sometimes, but hardly ever since the switch to the Bose.
There is nothing, even in the $5000 range that I would consider swithing to - regardless of size, weight or brand name. Quite simply - the Bose has performed better in every situation I use it in, so I can't argue with the success.

In a live room where people are located in all corners of the space ..... nothing can fill the room as well as the PAS. Nothing.
Stereo works best from the front only, and then again - best in the center. This system sounds like there is a speaker on every wall. It's almost freaky how good it works. After all this time .... I'm still amazed each time I sing through it.

I give it two thumbs and two EARS up !

[This message has been edited by Uncle Dave (edited 11-05-2004).]

#213364 - 11/05/04 02:47 AM Re: BOSE PA system
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Still waiting for the PAS to arrive to Norway.
After these rave reviews by people using them, I'm really looking forward to hearing them. After UD's repeated praise, and Art's sudden entry from far left , I value their comments based on years and years of experience. As for stereo, get two cylinders, problems solved,or not?

------------------
Roy-Andrč

#213365 - 11/05/04 04:55 AM Re: BOSE PA system
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Art,

I would personally like to give you a "virtual handshake" for your committment to the arts and the artists behind all that creativity.

Your establishment is a breath of fresh air and we need more passionate entrepeneurs like you to further the arts. This isn't about the equipment or environment your supply to your artists, but more towards your philosophy and committment to the arts.

Well done!!! And BTW, welcome to our little musical oasis on the net!!

Regards,
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#213366 - 11/05/04 05:52 AM Re: BOSE PA system
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I was so impressed with the Bose PAS system that I can honestly say if I were going back to the nite-club performances I would have a pair of them. Granted, it would cose me about $5,000 for both systems, plus a sub, but the unequalled sound would be well worth the expense.

Art, welcome to the forum. Lots of good folks here, most of whom are willing to shre an enormous quantity of helpful information and experience.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#213367 - 11/05/04 06:48 AM Re: BOSE PA system
LeoD Offline

Loc: Lusk, Co. Dublin . Rep.of Irel...
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
and when used in conjunction with my Yamaha Tyros keyboard playing a stereo sampled instrument, was UNDER impressed. Th The only way the Bose would work for me is if I had TWO, but that would cost: $4,000. - Scott

I've had Pose PAS on trial for 6 weeks...and must agree with scottyee...GreatSystem...butYam/Other 'Stereo Sampled sounds, are degraded significantly when summed to mono...this is a technical fact...&..in my discussuins with Bose..they confirm same..and cannot do much about it.. The only way to maintain real quality sound with PAS is to have 2 units...I Europe they are costing 3000Euro
i.e. 3800$.per unit. I dont think it will fly with many Yam users...3k & T's best sounds are 'Stereo Sampled' For almost all other applications it is superb.

LeoD

------------------
LeoD...Committed to Live
Performance & use of M.Pads

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online