SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#213297 - 07/30/01 11:22 PM PSR2000
Datablues Offline

Loc: Nuernberg, Germany
Hi everybody...

as a big fan of Yamaha PSR740 (I bought one of the first units here in Germany in 1999) I'm very interested in the new coming PSR2000. At the moment I use my PSR740 for live gigs with my band and made a lot of tricks in sound programming ... believe it or not it's even able to play the rhythm section of AC/DCs Highway to hell with a real heavy guitar!
At the moment there are lots of rumors on the Web (e.g. SVPWorld, Synthzone) concerning the new PSR2000, maybe someone can give me more informations, cause I'm looking for a new keyboard and ...
maybe it's worth to wait for the release of the PSR2000. I have three questions:

* What does the sound creator funtion exactly do. Yes of course...create new sounds, but how deep I can do this. If you see the XG-Specs specially for the effect section you have a lot more functionality as you can edit with the PSR740. Even using XGWorks I found no way to store my sound editing information in a usable way for live performance.
* There is a layer button on the pictures of the PSR2000 you can find on the
Web. How many sounds you can layer, only 2 like you can do with the old
PSR740 or more?
* I know, that there will be no HDD-Option for storage, but what's about a
Smart Media Card?

Thanks for helping me to make my decision for a new keyboard.

------------------
Greetings from Germany

Datablues

Datablues

#213298 - 07/31/01 07:25 AM Re: PSR2000
Beakybird Offline

I'm still waiting to find out how in the world one can access intros and endings A, B, or C when there is only one dedicated intro and one dedicated ending button on the keyboard. No one has been able to answer this question in over a week. One scenario going through a few people's heads is that one must perform this operation through a functions menu. This would be horrible for live performance. And if you used Intro A and ending C on one song, how would the keyboard know that you want intro C and ending A on the next song? I suppose you'd have to change settings for every song. I emailed Yamaha Friday and called Yesterday, but no one has gotten back to me yet.

I'm also wondering if there is still the Groove feature. Apparently there is no dedicated Groove button. This is too bad. On the PSR 740, you just press that button, and it puts a swing in styles without a swing and takes away the swing when there is a swing.

I doubt that there will be any other storage options other than what the keyboard comes with. I think Yamaha still wants to sell more PSR 9000s, and if they give this keyboard expandable storage capability, then much fewer people will want to buy the PSR 9000.

I sincerely hope Yamaha doesn't mess up what could be an incredible keyboard. I use the PSR 740 every day for gigging, and I've been waiting for months for its successor to come out. I've been hoping for the same user friendliness with some added voices and storage capacity.

#213299 - 07/31/01 11:41 AM Re: PSR2000
Beakybird Offline

Bill at tech support for Yamaha told me that he doesn't know anything about the final details of the keyboard yet because it hasn't been produced yet.

Larry

#213300 - 07/31/01 11:04 PM Re: PSR2000
Datablues Offline

Loc: Nuernberg, Germany
It's always the same with Yamaha...nobody knows anything. But if they would see how many interest and therefore how many future customers are there on this board...from the marketing aspect I would like to give the people some more appetizers...

I know that Yamaha would like to sell more 9000 and 9000 Pro but I'm neither able to afford this type of keyboard nor do I need all the features of the pro keyboards, cause I use my PSR740 in a 4 musicians band, playing as a normal keyboard (no styles, no intros or endings... ;-) ). The market needs some excellent midrange products like the PSR740 or the announced PSR2000

------------------
Greetings from Germany

Datablues

Datablues

#213301 - 08/03/01 05:27 PM Re: PSR2000
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
check out the latest now at SVPworld, updated 3rd August with answers from Yamaha!
http://svpworld.com/2000review.htm#new

Regards
Simon
SVPworld

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online