SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#213220 - 09/29/07 10:18 AM My Take On The Bickering On The Forum.......
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
I personally think that the ZONE is a very valuable forum for all all pro, semi pro, hobbyist, amateur or wanna-be musician and no one should have to undergo the disrespect or bashing that goes on here from time to time....if you don't like the topic, don't read or respond to it. There is nothing written that says that you have to read or respond to all posts.

If there are people here with anger and animosity toward other members, take it OFF THE BOARD and into private messages or email. Settle it between yourselves privately not on an open public forum. Handle it like men and not children and Nigel shouldn't have to appoint anyone to oversee what is being posted, as if he don't have anything else to do. I have a travel forum about Cozumel Mexico with about 3,500 members and would not put up with this type of activity on my forum. http://www.cozumel-hotels.net/yabbse/index.php
Why can't we all get along and just pull together to keep this forum what it was made for sharing our knowledge and our love for making music...please let's not destroy
this forum and the camaraderie that it brings together. Leave the hate behind or as I said before take it off the board and go private with all of the verbal abuse.
this is my email address in case anyone wants to voice anything at me..
tonyrome@prodigy.net.mx
Hope this doesn't offend anyone....
Thank You......

#213221 - 09/29/07 11:52 AM Re: My Take On The Bickering On The Forum.......
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
That's a pretty good take on things Tony.
It seems very logical.
However, like Paul Harvey says:
"Self Government wont work, without self discipline."

Regards,

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#213222 - 09/29/07 11:55 AM Re: My Take On The Bickering On The Forum.......
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Tony. I agree with what you said, but to ask the membership to 'simply behave' might work in a utopian world , but the reality of the human condition throughout time, has always included contention & then unfortunately war, and the reason rules & laws are enacted to hopefully curb the later. I still stand by my opinion that this could have all been all avoided long ago if only the Synthzone 'rules of conduct' were enforced and acted on following repeated warnings of a permanent ban for future infractions. Tony, curious how you moderate your forum?

Scott

#213223 - 09/29/07 12:10 PM Re: My Take On The Bickering On The Forum.......
Tony Rome Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TwoNuts:
That's a pretty good take on things Tony.
It seems very logical.
However, like Paul Harvey says:
"Self Government wont work, without self discipline."

Regards,

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Dennis....Thank you for your post.....I agree with what you say....however "SELF DISCIPLINE" here is much like that elusive butterfly of love....if there were self discipline, we would not have these problems or be in this situation.....you like others are correct, but how do we help make this a better place to live????
Thanks again, I enjoy your demos.
TR

[This message has been edited by Tony Rome (edited 09-29-2007).]

#213224 - 09/29/07 12:10 PM Re: My Take On The Bickering On The Forum.......
Tony Rome Offline

Hi Tony. I agree with what you said, but to ask the membership to 'simply behave' might work in a utopian world , but the reality of the human condition throughout time, has always included contention & then unfortunately war, and the reason rules & laws are enacted to hopefully curb the later. I still stand by my opinion that this could have all been all avoided long ago if only the Synthzone 'rules of conduct' were enforced and acted on following repeated warnings of a permanent ban for future infractions. Tony, curious how you moderate your forum?
Scott

Scott.....I know how you feel and you are correct about the rules of conduct...they are what guides us through the endless problems in the world....Myself, on my forum
would not tolerate any disrespect or verbal abuse to other members, I first give the abuser 2 weeks ban for 1st offence, 4 weeks ban for 2nd and the full Monty after that...
a permanent ban is sometimes needed to control the respect, dignity and decorum of the forum....I have 3,485 active members and don't have these type problems with verbal abuse or disrespect toward other members of the forum....I take pride in it being more like family and friends than strangers with something in common. There is no reason that the forum members can't get along with each other and respect and share other than the fact that THEY DON"T WANT TO....and if that is the case, leave these members to their on demise. Thanks for asking...
TR

[This message has been edited by Tony Rome (edited 09-29-2007).]

#213225 - 09/29/07 12:10 PM Re: My Take On The Bickering On The Forum.......
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Sammy Davis Jr.:

“Real success is not on the stage, but off the stage as a human being, and how you get along with your fellow man.”

------------------
Larry
SynthZone Frapper

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#213226 - 09/29/07 12:13 PM Re: My Take On The Bickering On The Forum.......
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
If you can't handle a dig, then top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved.

Ian

#213227 - 09/29/07 12:38 PM Re: My Take On The Bickering On The Forum.......
Tony Rome Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by lahawk:

Sammy Davis Jr.:

“Real success is not on the stage, but off the stage as a human being, and how you get along with your fellow man.”

Larry, A really class man ...I had the pleasure of meeting Sammy in Las Vegas and
sharing a stage with him and Buddy Rich in Hawaii with Don Ho.....Yes, he was a class act and treated all people with respect even though he went through some very hard racial times in his life time....Thank you for bringing back good memories and a valuable quote.
TR

#213228 - 09/29/07 12:48 PM Re: My Take On The Bickering On The Forum.......
Tony Rome Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
If you can't handle a dig, then top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved.

Ian

Ian....There shouldn't have to be a situation where you have to go into one upsmanship again, we are into who struck john and mine is better than which id what put as all here in the first place....I'm sure that you have a better take on things than to promote give me a dig and I'll dig ya back school yard attitude....I've read some of your previous post and know that you have more to offer than this..thanks for responding....
TR

#213229 - 09/29/07 12:55 PM Re: My Take On The Bickering On The Forum.......
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Rome:
Ian....There shouldn't have to be a situation where you have to go into one upsmanship again, we are into who struck john and mine is better than which id what put as all here in the first place....I'm sure that you have a better take on things than to promote give me a dig and I'll dig ya back school yard attitude....I've read some of your previous post and know that you have more to offer than this..thanks for responding....
TR

It's not a point of one-upmanship, Tony, but rather knowing when and how to respond to a dig...they do happen here occasionally, you know....unfortunately.

I'm all for peace, but not at the price of becoming a doormat.

Ian

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online