SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#212808 - 03/07/07 03:13 PM Re: please hijack this thread
to the genesys Offline

To get people to think and respond to these points, I will post it in this ridiculous and childish thread.

Is the reason why a few persons here on synthzone don’t want 76 keys on an arranger keyboard because they just don’t want and like 76 keys, or is it that they think 76 keys would make the arranger too too heavy, or that they have submitted to Yamaha’s brainwashing that we don need 76 keys and the 61 keys is enough for us arrangers.

If Yamaha made the PSR 3000 or the Tyros 2 with the same sounds and features but with 76 keys, 2lbs more than what they are respectively and $100 more than what they sell for, would they still by it or would they go and buy the Genesys pro (which is 61 keys)?

And how about the argument that the big three manufacturers use that arranger players are too dumb to use arranger modules? While synth players are superior so they make modules for synth players.

Look at Korg, they make a good keyboard in the Pa1x but refuse to make a module stating that there is no market for modules. But they now have a M3 keyboard and simultaneously, they release a M3 module. They really have a low impression of arranger users.

So we as arranger players are stuck with Gem and Ketron for modules.
But neither of them can get it right.

Ketron decided not to have some of the basic arranger features on the midijay like style creation.
And Gem forgot that they were making a module and made it too big and forgot to have midi implementation so you can control it from a controller keyboard.

So lets get down to some real arranger talk where people can “learn”.

#212809 - 03/07/07 03:14 PM Re: please hijack this thread
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
When is the Spring thaw, up in Nova Scotia? Isn't it time you dug yourself out of the house and got a real life......?

Probably reduced to cooking old Yamaha brochures to survive, by now (after wiping your bum with them and posting what you found 'written' there.....)!

#212810 - 03/07/07 03:19 PM Re: please hijack this thread
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
Quote:
Originally posted by pianodano:
I have a ?? and don't mean to hijack, hehe, but does anybody know what to do with a midi outsit cable jack thingy ? [This message has been edited by pianodano (edited 03-07-2007).]

PianoDano, welcome to my world! way to get your feet wet on sz. Good first attempt--you have potential, my man..but look here, how can we consider you for Idol status when you edited the post? leaves us wondering what you may have left in cyberspace?? don't be shy..!
Mo

#212811 - 03/07/07 03:21 PM Re: please hijack this thread
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
When is the Spring thaw, up in Nova Scotia? Isn't it time you dug yourself out of the house and got a real life......?

Probably reduced to cooking old Yamaha brochures to survive, by now (after wiping your bum with them and posting what you found 'written' there.....)!

Diki, this post is no sillier than all the boasting that you do on some of your posts.

I'm sure your playing is much better than it sounds, but pleeese...the hot air generated in your bragging could heat a small home here in Cape Breton...and it gets pretty cold here.

If you can't handle a dig, then top it; if you can't top it, laugh it off; and if you can't laugh it off, it's probably deserved.

I saved some brochures just for you...BIG ones....

I think Nigel does more laughing at this stuff than anyone...but other than all the heaving, huffing and puffing, no musicians were harmed during these proceedings...the only ones that got a little put out were the old farts that have forgotten how much fun it is to be immature.

Ian

------------------
Cha d’dhùin doras nach d’fhosgail doras.

#212812 - 03/07/07 03:39 PM Re: please hijack this thread
keysvocalssax Offline

To the Genesys,(hereinafter TTG)
why are you adding an intelligent post to this absurd thread? are trying to hijack it? I believe you are...good news, the phones are ringing off the hook, you're going
to Hollywood next week!

now that I've fallen victim to your hijack, I'll address the good issues you raised: re 76: the reason they won't make them is because they don't make trombones. They know people associate the #76 with the tune: #76 Trombones-
(from the show and movie The Music Man)and every time they would say: buy our 76, they are afraid people will buy trombones instead. and if so many owned trombones, the whole economy would collapse because it's hard enough for the few trombonists out there now to get a gig--imagine if thousands more joined the ranks. Frightening.
Mo
ps..i know my answer may seem odd, but it makes as much sense as any reason they give for not making them.
actually they have no reason, except to aggravate us all, and when we get aggravated we run out buy new 61-key jobs because we are frustrated. Ever hear of someone selling their 76-key models because of "too many keys??????" NOT!!!!!

#212813 - 03/07/07 04:18 PM Re: please hijack this thread
pianodano Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by keysvocalssax:
PianoDano, welcome to my world! way to get your feet wet on sz. Good first attempt--you have potential, my man..but look here, how can we consider you for Idol status when you edited the post? leaves us wondering what you may have left in cyberspace?? don't be shy..!
Mo

Sorry, I'll try harder next time. Editted because I was thinking of a couple of different places. Now if we could get back on topic please. This is the thread for request. Right ?

Danny

#212814 - 03/07/07 04:28 PM Re: please hijack this thread
pianodano Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
To
Is the reason why a few persons here on synthzone don’t want 76 keys on an arranger keyboard because they just don’t want and like 76 keys, or is it that they think 76 keys would make the arranger too too heavy, or that they have submitted to Yamaha’s brainwashing that we don need 76 keys and the 61 keys is enough for us arrangers.

Personally, I'd rather have 2 manuals and drawbars. WTH, give me a 25 note pedalbord too. But keep the weight under 25 pounds.

#212815 - 03/07/07 04:51 PM Re: please hijack this thread
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keysvocalssax:
To the Genesys,(hereinafter TTG)
why are you adding an intelligent post to this absurd thread? are trying to hijack it? I believe you are...good news, the phones are ringing off the hook, you're going
to Hollywood next week!

now that I've fallen victim to your hijack, I'll address the good issues you raised: re 76: the reason they won't make them is because they don't make trombones. They know people associate the #76 with the tune: #76 Trombones-
(from the show and movie The Music Man)and every time they would say: buy our 76, they are afraid people will buy trombones instead. and if so many owned trombones, the whole economy would collapse because it's hard enough for the few trombonists out there now to get a gig--imagine if thousands more joined the ranks. Frightening.
Mo
ps..i know my answer may seem odd, but it makes as much sense as any reason they give for not making them.
actually they have no reason, except to aggravate us all, and when we get aggravated we run out buy new 61-key jobs because we are frustrated. Ever hear of someone selling their 76-key models because of "too many keys??????" NOT!!!!!

Good one!

Ian

------------------

#212816 - 03/07/07 05:07 PM Re: please hijack this thread
ianmcnll Offline

Diki,

My post to you was harsh, and I am sorry if it offended you.

Please accept my apology.

Ian

------------------

#212817 - 03/07/07 06:14 PM Re: please hijack this thread
keysvocalssax Offline

you keep making apologies like that, Ian, you could jeapordize your aMOican Idol status..

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online