SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#212711 - 12/15/03 01:55 AM basic jazz harmonisation 1
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
I have upload my first lesson in Jazz-harmonisation on my webpage.
There are two files in pdf-format:
one with the explain of tensions in the II-V-I chords. The other file is an exercise for playing on the piano and keyboard.
You can download this files for free.
regards,
Notlos

------------------

#212712 - 12/15/03 06:19 AM Re: basic jazz harmonisation 1
trtjazz Offline

dirk,
Had a look and listen...the cuts were great being a boosa fan myself, though Rio Grande sounded like a variation combination of Girl From Ipanema and Desifinado (I think) with your own spin on it. Didn't too much like the vocal(?) stabs you put in at the end though.

Tribute To Jackson I probably liked the best especially the basic structure before the sax solo. Carnac and Latin Nites I didn't like too much. The others I though were great bossa's.

About the tutorials...if your target is going to be the more advanced players here then I think them fine. If on the other hand you want to reach all levels of players then I think you might consider adding more explanation text wise as well as notes for the chords you are using (not all read sheet music as you have your chords layed out). Perhaps also consider laying it out in Word or something to make it look a bit more presentable and neater.

Thanks for providing it all though.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 12-15-2003).]

#212713 - 12/15/03 03:40 PM Re: basic jazz harmonisation 1
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Notlos,
I lost interest when I was forced to listen to a music file as the site loaded. It wouldn't even shut off when I tried to listen to a different song. I like to be in control of my audio. Sorry, but that's how I view mandatory audio - I hate it.

#212714 - 12/15/03 04:29 PM Re: basic jazz harmonisation 1
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hello Uncle Dave and Dirk,

FYI, hitting the Escape key stops his embedded audio source. I'm not sure if that is browser/OS specific. I'm using Windows XP and IE6 here at home.

Dirk, I noticed that you have the following code...hidden="true" in your embed code. Change that to false and you will get the little control screen and progress bar that will allow folks a choice.

I'm giving your jazz-voicing instructions a good look right now.

mike

[This message has been edited by msutliff (edited 12-15-2003).]

#212715 - 12/15/03 05:03 PM Re: basic jazz harmonisation 1
trtjazz Offline

Mike,
Cool trick about the escape key to stop the music...I didn't know that, thanks.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#212716 - 12/18/03 12:14 PM Re: basic jazz harmonisation 1
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
I hope i have made you happy UD!!!
(the music is canceled at the homepage.)

Trtjazz,
I think you are right that the lessons are a bit difficult for some members on this forum..I consider in the feature for more explaining and other theme's on pdf-files.
Maybe some members have a hint for some
other information about harmony and keyboards.
Regards,
Notlos

#212717 - 12/18/03 12:22 PM Re: basic jazz harmonisation 1
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
You might want to discuss the different modes Ionian, Dorian, Mixolidian, etc. and how they related to the II-V-I progression. I know this really helped my lightbulb, when I was learning this topic.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online