SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#212615 - 07/21/06 04:18 PM Re: I finally got a chance to try a G70 today.
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
HEY Stephen..thanks for putting me in the company of those guys................................

Not those guys, Don, Donny and Scott...I mean Oscar and Chic....

No problem Fran

#212616 - 07/21/06 04:53 PM Re: I finally got a chance to try a G70 today.
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Me thinks such things didnt happen in the days of g1000 and psr9000.

#212617 - 07/21/06 05:03 PM Re: I finally got a chance to try a G70 today.
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Not those guys, Don, Donny and Scott...I mean Oscar and Chic....

Ahhh . . . Oscar Meyer & Chicken Little.

#212618 - 07/21/06 05:06 PM Re: I finally got a chance to try a G70 today.
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
I also think if you give Scott Yee, DNJ, DonM, Fran and many others a Casio WK whatever board you'd still make plenty of music and continue with the income you enjoy now.

You are correct and i have gigged with the Casio also......but you as a player must be happy on stage & that's what its all about.....the business, marketing side is a totally different strategy. There's so much more to the music business then one would ever think. I say go try a G70 and play its great Grand X piano!!

#212619 - 07/21/06 05:15 PM Re: I finally got a chance to try a G70 today.
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It's SO unfortunate that Craig_UK chooses to use my native country's initials in his handle (unless he means University of Kentucky - Hmmmm, that might explain the childish nature of his posting!), it is an insult to all British musicians.

Here's a perfectly reasonable thread, and Craig's FIRST post is a picture of a pile of manure..... Well reasoned, sir!

Oh, that's right, soccer season is over, nowhere else left to go and be a hooligan.........

QUOTE nielshs instead of being the usual arsehole you are to me on here, UNQUOTE Doesn't this forum have a moderator?

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 07-21-2006).]

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 07-21-2006).]

#212620 - 07/21/06 05:18 PM Re: I finally got a chance to try a G70 today.
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
I thought it might be worth reiterating what I had written about the vitriol spewing forth in a previous topic re. the G70.

I just sort of 'tuned out' somewhere around the middle of page 2 in that topic because of all the abrasion created by the opinions expressed.

For the benefit of all those who are 'rubbed the wrong way' at times, and we all are, I would add this:

You can not control what people say or do, but you can control how you react to it.

#212621 - 07/21/06 05:58 PM Re: I finally got a chance to try a G70 today.
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Doesn't this forum have a moderator?

Yes Scott Yee

#212622 - 07/22/06 01:26 AM Re: I finally got a chance to try a G70 today.
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Wow, I didn't think my comments would spark this kind of reaction. You know, when I spent 10 minutes with the Tyros 2 I fell in love and couldn't really find anything I couldn't do with it and the sounds were just great.

They say 1st impressions are important so 10 teeny tiny minutes really says something about the board. However, just like playing a fine instrument like a Hammond B3 or a Concert Grand Piano, you really don't know the personality of the instrument until you spend some time with it.

I'm really sorry I offended anyone with my opinions, they were as honest and as unbiased as I could make them. It's a shame this forum goes into a death spiral everytime some one voices an opinion contrary to ones own.

AJ: I'm going to have to meet you at Alto so we can spend some more time with the G70 and help you pick out a board!

------------------
Al Giordano
www.al-giordano.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#212623 - 07/22/06 02:13 AM Re: I finally got a chance to try a G70 today.
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Al,

That would be great. I really want to hear both boards through a decent sound system. I really want to like the G70 Al, in large part because of the extra octave of keys and the reports I'm hearing about the harmonizer.

If however, in a fair side by side comparison, I think it sounds inferior to the Tyros 2, then I'm going T2 without looking back. Above all, that's reason #1 why I want to replace my PA80. So many of the lead voices sound weak in comparison to what I hear coming from my Motif ES and my laptop. The main objective for me is to get as close as I can within one box, and the PA80 isn't it, unless I add that extra box ( Motif ES, laptop ) that I don't want to have to rely on for those occasions where space or setup time is at a premium.

AJ

#212624 - 07/22/06 03:52 AM Re: I finally got a chance to try a G70 today.
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Al you are right about first impressions. I base a lot on my first impressions and probably maintain[keep] the same impressions after I get to know the instrument or in fact a person....but not always..after you spend more time with an instrument or a person, and get to understand what we were not aware of prior, we can do a 180 from our 1st impression.

I guess, the best thing to do is keep an open mind about everything, give things time, and let our knowledge develop that we will know more about a particular instrument or person....Then we will be prepared to make a final conclusion.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online