SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#212074 - 02/17/04 08:15 AM Country Rock Tune on Tyros :-)
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
This is a song I put together in a couple days which has a Country Rock sound albeit the "new" Country sound to it. Everything is played and recorded in realtime except near the beginning I added a Mega Distortion Guitar which I laid on another track within my Multi-track software. The first link is a standard .mp3 file which is encoded at a high bit rate. The second link is a .mp3PRo version which has most of the quality but is much smaller in size.

I used a 3rd party Style as backing and I split the Tyros using the RockOrgan2 in the left hand and the Vintage Open Guitar in the right hand.

Here is: Country Rock Tune

Country Rock Tune MP3Pro Version

Comments and critique are always welcome of course.

Best regards,
Mike

#212075 - 02/17/04 10:26 AM Re: Country Rock Tune on Tyros :-)
Dnj Offline

Hi Mike.....thanx for sharing your latest Country tune with us. On the cover I see & feel a nice country beat and groove, I see people line dancing & imagine Don Mason's voice singing ....but when I open the book...
I hear a few things that I'm sure can be improved upon. The overall balancing of sounds need clarity & diversity and levels have to be better edited to make certain instruments stand out more. The organ is too much overpowering thruout the piece for my ears. But most of all work on the organ playing Timing, it seems to be off in places...I hope you dont mind my honest critique as I am not one to hold back when offered the chance to listen & give constructive comments. But this is why you posted the songs for the masses isn't it? I'm glad to hear anyone playing live and I appreciate your efforts.....
as Terry would say....

Jam On

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-17-2004).]

#212076 - 02/17/04 10:37 AM Re: Country Rock Tune on Tyros :-)
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Mike, I like the sound. I had to cut the bass a little on my system for it to sound best. I especially like the bass line. What style did you use?
DonM

#212077 - 02/17/04 10:45 AM Re: Country Rock Tune on Tyros :-)
Roel Offline

Mike,
Good song, but I agree with Donny remarks about the organ and timing.
There was no need to cut the Bass.

Have you heard/played B4 (Native instruments)? ..... I think B4 could sound perfect in your tune with a much lower level.... and with 'real' Leslie effect

What gear did you use for the recording(s)

Roel

#212078 - 02/18/04 06:59 AM Re: Country Rock Tune on Tyros :-)
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Don, I used the 8BTROCK2 Style (third party).

Donny thanks for your critiquing. It's always welcome from anybody as it gives me insight into things I may not be aware of or how to go about improving the sound. When playing a Style along with my own key playing timing is of the utmost importance and in my case can always be improved upon. The faster the beat of the Style the trickier it becomes especially when playing with both hands.

Roel, I tried NI B4 and couldn't get it to work with my Tyros (keyboard I used in Country Rock song) well. I used the Midi In/Outputs from my PC to the Tyros but was running into 'stuck keys' with B4 where a Organ Key note would get stuck in the ON position which was very frustrating as I had to stop playing, figure out which Key got stuck and turn it off before I could resume playing. Software glitch but others say they use B4 with the Tyros and have no problems. I am open to ideas of how to get B4 to work with my Tyros. I tried a few things to get it to work properly but was unsuccessful. Someone suggested I use a Midi to USB converter and use the Tyros USB connection instead of the Midi In/Out connection. I haven't tried that yet though.

Real Leslie?? I agree Roel that the Tyros leaves something to be desired in the way of producing a real Leslie effect. But believe it or not I didn't think NI's B4 was that much superior although it was better nonetheless.

Best regards,
Mike

#212079 - 02/18/04 07:17 AM Re: Country Rock Tune on Tyros :-)
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
The faster the beat of the Style the trickier it becomes especially when playing with both hands.

Mike try to record the song at a bit slower tempo this way it will be easier to play along.....then resave it on your sequencer at the normal tempo when your ready to finalize it....[this is an old trick]

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

#212080 - 02/18/04 09:46 AM Re: Country Rock Tune on Tyros :-)
Roel Offline

Mike,

The B4 software is not running 100% under Windows XP Pro.... my keys also got 'stuck'. Just set the 'compatiblity option' (properties) to Windows98 : My problem vanished !! (And hope yours will to !)
Roel

#212081 - 02/18/04 10:22 AM Re: Country Rock Tune on Tyros :-)
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Mike,
Thanks for sharing. You love your Tyros. Ever since you bought your Tyros, you've been a posting. I agree with what others are saying that the organ voice overpowers the melody/lead guitar. I like the riff you have going with the organ voice. This is the type of accompaniment I would like to learn. How did you learn to do that?
It's like a repetive melody (riff) that doesn't get in the way of the melody. Cool.
Starkeeper

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online