SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#212072 - 09/25/07 08:27 PM Registrations Compatibility issues with T2 and PSR S900
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hello Everyone,

As most of you know, I own a T2 and a PA800, and last week I decided to get the S900 as backup for the T2 since is very much like the T2 with some minus S.A. sounds in Brass, Strings, Organs, etc...but, still aceptable.
I had a previus experience when I had the 3000 and upgraded to the T2, no problems other than remaping and some changes to exploit the better sounds in the T2.

I have transfered direct All the contents on my T2 HD to my PC, and previously in the HD, I made folders with the USER styles and Registrations linking both with no problems, then transfer them into the USB Drives and to give a test, I have access to another T2 from a friend, and I tested this with total success.

Well, the USB Flash drive I copied from my PC the registrations and Styles so the link would not be brokensame I tested with the other T2....they work just fine in the S900.
Here is the problem, I put some new user styles and made some NEW registrations in the SAME folders in my USB drive and used the S900 to make new Registrations with the new user styles, and when it came to test them into the T2, " Data has not been transfer properly..." or something like that, the matter is, that it does NOT work when is made from the S900 and going up to the T2.
I wonder if somebody else have the same problem, I think, Yamaha should correct this in the Next S900 OS.
I am aware that I may have to do Remaping in voices and so on....but, unable to recognise ALL....this defeat the purpose I got the S900 in the first place.
I hope someone in Yamaha (Nippon Gakki) take care on this matter SOON.
Thank you.

#212073 - 09/25/07 10:27 PM Re: Registrations Compatibility issues with T2 and PSR S900
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
You will need to run the registrations through Michael Bedesem's program RegFix to adjust them. The latest version has added the S900.
See update at http://www.svpworld.com/beta/ but you would need the run the orginal program before the update and that can be found at http://www.svpworld.com/util_regfix.htm
After running the original download and unzip into /Program Files/RegFix and say yes to all replacements.
Keith

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online